DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro aircraft locked message in GO app: Help

Yes it was three days ago. I was on FW .700 and I was on version 14? I think of the GO4 app. It was on the tablet that my wife shares with me. She had left the wifi on and it automatically updated to version 18. I didn't know, tried using the tablet with the bird and got the locked message. So not even thinking about it I went ahead and did all the updates to the firmware on the bird and updated my phone to the version 18 of GO4 and then nothing worked worth a crap. I rolled back my GO4 app to as far back as I could using APK and it was better, but I started having random gimbal issues in flight. Bought Litchi on Sunday night while it was still on sale but I have not had anytime to test it yet to see what happens. I did try rolling back my FW using Dumldore but it doesn't work anymore. After you go through the whole process and it says updated, when you go check it is still on the newest FW version.

If you updated your FW to the latest (4.1000) then you are unable to downgrade.

You should set your tablet/phone to not update apps automatically.

I'm really not happy. I connected to the internet with my go app and now I'm getting a message that my mavic pro is locked and cannot fly. I have 1.03.0700 mavic pro firmware. And the app is 4.1.10.

I tried to downgrade my app to 4.0.6 and I still get the same message. Is there anything I can do to remove this lock?? Pic attached.
I do not want to change my firmware if at all possible....help GREAT APPRECIATED. Is there something I can adjust in DJI assist?

ATTI Mode means a problem with satellite acquisition. I submit this is a hardware problem, NOT a firmware or software problem. For the record, my Mavic is purposely locked @ FW v1.03.0700 just like yours. And I'm locked at Go 4 App v4.0.8. My bird flies great.

Try toggling the Sport Mode switch. See if that helps.

Can you imagine Canon or Nikon bricking your camera unless you changed the firmware?
No. You're right. I can't. On the other hand, not know what you're doing with Canon or Nikon poses no risk to others like flying an aircraft. I support any method which could quell the fears of the lawmakers so they will not thwart those who do know what they are doing with an aircraft.

Latest version of Dumldore has an unlock feature for the Spark which may work for the Mavic as well.

I think the people who are saying they are "locked" to a particular firmware version or app version just mean they are keeping those versions and not upgrading. Using the word "locked" there in the context of a thread about the aircraft literally being locked and refusing to fly is somewhat confusing.

Try the "Unlock Spark" in DUMLdore. Hopefully should do the trick.
My mavic firmware had never been upgraded since I bought it in january of this year., and i got a new phone, and put the GO4 on it, and it locked my Mavic!

Will this "unock spark " work for my situation? How do i find it?
Thanks
thanks i'll try...is it ok that i have a mavic not spark...

Download DUMLdore and you will see load, flash, backup & unlock in the program, you want the unlock button

Download DUMLdore and you will see load, flash, backup & unlock in the program, you want the unlock button

To confirm, it's only ver 18 of the Go app that creates the lock on the Mavic (when connected to the internet and on a lower firmware), correct?
Or are there other variables (Android vs IOS, FW ver, etc)?
Thanks

Some people have had it before 18 was released, its a bit hit & miss, no obvious cause as of yet

I had it whilst in China, app 4.0.5 fw 1.3.550

sometimes find my drone says its in China, perhaps there's a glitch where you have internet but not GPS & the app assumes you are in China and locks the drone

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569