DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Altimeter

Okay I will try and explain what I am doing. I see the flight log on the Flight Record / Flight Data page in Go4 but I don't know
how to find it when I am browsing on my tablet. I need to know where it is being stored on the tablet, right?
You need to stop guessing and read the instructions.
They tell you everything you need to know
They tell you where the find the file ... everything you need.
I gave you a set of illustrations too.
Everything you need is there and it should onl;y take one minute or so,

I am not guessing anything. I have tried to accomplish this several times now and I am sure I am missing something in the sequence.
Anyway I may not need to do this to get the answer I am seeking. I will try and explain.
Is the altitude shown on the drone window at any given time the altitude of the drone at that moment from the ground beneath it or the altitude from take off point? Say I take off from a ground elevation of 500 feet and climb 100 feet. I then fly off straight and level to a point where the ground under the drone has dropped by 500 feet. Would the altimeter still read 100 feet or 600 feet? Also if a second drone took off from where the first drone is now and climbs to a level position in the sky with the first drone would it's altimeter read 600 feet? I live in the Ozark Mountains where the terrain is very hilly. I can skim the top of a hill and in short order be positioned 500, 600 or more feet in the air above the ground beneath me. My flight logs could have many flights where the altitude of the drone would show as being over 400 feet when in actuality I had never flown over 400 feet above the ground below me.
I say all of this because with so many droner's not flying properly lately eventually law enforcement will start getting involved more and more. And I can see them trying to use the flight logs against the pilots.

I think the confusion comes from the word altitude. Go 4 uses the word height and it always starts at zero when you connect. Any changes in flight are relative to your launch point (zero). It does not know your real height AGL and will even display height in negative numbers if you fly below your launch point.

Makes sense as I have had many negative numbers shown. So is there any other way to keep a drone under that 400 feet "height" max other then just guessing or tying a 400 feet rope to it?o_O
Thanks Mossiback for your input.

...Is the altitude shown on the drone window at any given time the altitude of the drone at that moment from the ground beneath it or the altitude from take off point?...
Take off point.
...Say I take off from a ground elevation of 500 feet and climb 100 feet. I then fly off straight and level to a point where the ground under the drone has dropped by 500 feet. Would the altimeter still read 100 feet or 600 feet?...
100 feet.
...Also if a second drone took off from where the first drone is now and climbs to a level position in the sky with the first drone would it's altimeter read 600 feet?...
Each one would show its height relative to where it originally started its motors, so they all may show a different height even though they are even with each other. If they all took off from the same level area then they should read the same height (or very close to it).
... I can skim the top of a hill and in short order be positioned 500, 600 or more feet in the air above the ground beneath me. My flight logs could have many flights where the altitude of the drone would show as being over 400 feet when in actuality I had never flown over 400 feet above the ground below me....
You are supposed to keep it at or below 400 feet from the ground or a structure. In your case you may need to edit the maximum height to allow you to follow the terrain as it rises, always keeping it within 400 feet of the ground. The problem for you exists when RTH may be triggered and it flies a straight line back to the home point. Since it will not drop down to the programmed RTH height it would fly straight out over the valley you are in which could be above 400 feet above the ground.
...I say all of this because with so many droner's not flying properly lately eventually law enforcement will start getting involved more and more. And I can see them trying to use the flight logs against the pilots.
I don't know if the flight logs would be accurate enough to hold up in court. If they are and you are keeping it within 400 feet of the ground then you have nothing to worry about. Someone will probably say that the 400 foot rule is more of an advisory and not a law, but it has been established for safety reasons and should be adhered to.

Makes sense as I have had many negative numbers shown. So is there any other way to keep a drone under that 400 feet "height" max other then just guessing or tying a 400 feet rope to it?...
With experience you will know what 400 feet looks like so you should be able to keep it close enough.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stokdgenetics