DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro and 2 way radio interference

Former Member

Reactions
Posting this for a fellow member:

Wondering if you have Any experience or knowledge in regards to 2 way radio freq. and whether it would interfere with my mavic pros signal to any extent.

We are using Mavic pros for a number of Tasks in our surf club prior to purchasing more purpose built drones.
Basically i want to Attatch some type of device to either alert a Swimmer to danger via siren or alarm or some type of small speaker. Looking around , it obvious i need something Very lightweight and can also transmit up to a distance up to 2kms away.

I have found some 2way radios weighing in at 50grams with good Speakers , only thing is ,will it interfere with the Mavic Pros remotes constant scanning frequency as obviously i have it attached to the drone.
Thought a out GSM as well but not sure.

Have you ANY experience with this type of usage in Aircraft warning systems or Whether a particular band width is better for no interference ? I do know my Aircraft transceiver goes into Loud white noise when held within 10 inches of my remote.

Most other systems are just way over the top price wise . I am hoping simplicity may actually work this time.

Reactions: brett8883
Thats going to depend massively on the power, frequency and modulation type of the 2 way radios.
Harmonics could be an issue, especially if shielding is poor. You need more details to even hazard a guess.

I wouldnt be as bothered about the actual datalink but more harmonics causing issues with sensors, navigation and/or processors.

Also remember a "good speaker" contains a "good" magnet. which isnt good for a compass.

Great question, as using a two way radio with a spotter when flying would be great tool... here is the one I was looking at , however I have the same concerns about interference..
Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 5.54.58 PM.png

Basically i want to Attatch some type of device to either alert a Swimmer to danger via siren or alarm or some type of small speaker. Looking around , it obvious i need something Very lightweight and can also transmit up to a distance up to 2kms away.
Isn't that what the Mavic Enterprise is all about?

I spend a lot of time flying three different Mavic Pros in front of Public Safety communications radio towers to inspect the antennas, both microwave, VHF and UHF. I’ve never experienced any sort of interference issue. It’s impossible to say for sure but I wouldn’t expect a problem if the radio was a couple feet or more from the drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada