DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO arrived with camera problems

zurabg

Reactions
Hello fellow pilots

Finally I've got my Mavic pro, after more then 2 months delay.

I was waiting for this moment, but DJI provided some bad surprise.

The problem is, that Camera most of the time would show distorted picture: Lower part of the image is blurred/distorted with purple looking small squares/pixels.

Sometimes Camera shows clear picture, but most of the time it is distorted.

I talked with online tech support, but they were not helpful at all. Spending all day with different representatives, I discovered, that uploading files to DJI web site is useless, thy are also getting distorted. Finally, google drive was used to upload the video/screenshot.

Bad thing is that this people said that the device should go to repair, and they could not tell if I qualify for free repair.

Well, I believe, that the problem is either in Camera itself, in the camera cable, or drones main board, but most probably it should be a cable.

I really don't want to send the unit for repair. It will take definitely long time and repairing Camera, they may damage something else and it will be endless repair cycle. when brand new device shows such problem, it is definitely not good sign and shows that quality control simply does not exist at the factory.

If you experienced something like this, I would like to know. I don't think that my unit has something unusual what never happened before.

If it is something that is usual and persistent with other Mavic drones, then I will definitely return it.

The drone flies well otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

In attached file distorted area is colored matching with picture, but in Android app during transmission all distorted area is colored purple.

For how long have you had the Mavic?
Where do you live?
Where did you buy your Mavic from?

MK
I received Mavic in the USA address on December 12, 2016. Got it here where I am few days ago, I am in republic of Georgia and did test flight only today.

Attachments

• distortion.jpg
    distortion.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 270
I remember seeing this before from other people and they uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it fixed it. Are you up to date on firmware? I just got my mavic repaired and they sent me a new mavic instead of fixing it, the warranty invoice showed they were replacing only the camera cable but they sent me a different mavic to what I sent in. I think they do this because it is faster.

Yes,
I remember seeing this before from other people and they uninstalled the app and reinstalled it and it fixed it. Are you up to date on firmware? I just got my mavic repaired and they sent me a new mavic instead of fixing it, the warranty invoice showed they were replacing only the camera cable but they sent me a different mavic to what I sent in. I think they do this because it is faster.

Yes, firmware is now the latest one, but it did not help. I believe, this has nothing to do with firmware and software. The camera is sending wrong data. Videos retrieved from SD card also have the distortion.

Yeah sounds like you need to send it in. I had a problem on my second flight and had to send it in. It sucks but there are no other options with them.

Aw, man....that "USA to Georgia" thing really complicates matters. :(

The reason I was asking was to see if you were in the EC since, with the current consumer laws, it would be as simple as returning it to the seller, for an exchange or a refund, even if it was a transnational purchase.

As it stands, I think your best option would be to reverse the acquisition process, if feasible. You really shouldn't settle for a repaired drone, certainly not be dependent on some DJI representative to validate the malfunction.

I really hope you can sort this out so you can fully enjoy this great device.

All the best.

MK

I have returning options, I believe. The last thing I want is to return the device, but I will not send it for repair. If I send it back, then only for return, but first I will investigate all options I may have.

I have returning options, I believe. The last thing I want is to return the device, but I will not send it for repair. If I send it back, then only for return, but first I will investigate all options I may have.

Good to hear that you have the return option Thumbswayup

Remember: The options you have now might not be the ones you'll have in due time, if it misbehaves again.

I wouldn't settle for a defective Mavic right out of the box.

I know it is very difficult, after all the anticipation, to face the frustration of having to send it back and wait, once more, for another one.

Use the next 24/48 hours to really ponder how you feel about this in addition to search for possible fixes.

All the best.

MK

Reactions: geigy
Hello fellow pilots

Finally I've got my Mavic pro, after more then 2 months delay.

I was waiting for this moment, but DJI provided some bad surprise.

The problem is, that Camera most of the time would show distorted picture: Lower part of the image is blurred/distorted with purple looking small squares/pixels.

Sometimes Camera shows clear picture, but most of the time it is distorted.

I talked with online tech support, but they were not helpful at all. Spending all day with different representatives, I discovered, that uploading files to DJI web site is useless, thy are also getting distorted. Finally, google drive was used to upload the video/screenshot.

Bad thing is that this people said that the device should go to repair, and they could not tell if I qualify for free repair.

Well, I believe, that the problem is either in Camera itself, in the camera cable, or drones main board, but most probably it should be a cable.

I really don't want to send the unit for repair. It will take definitely long time and repairing Camera, they may damage something else and it will be endless repair cycle. when brand new device shows such problem, it is definitely not good sign and shows that quality control simply does not exist at the factory.

If you experienced something like this, I would like to know. I don't think that my unit has something unusual what never happened before.

If it is something that is usual and persistent with other Mavic drones, then I will definitely return it.

The drone flies well otherwise.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks in advance.

I went the same thing. I finally sent my mavic for repair. It was fully covered. I'm in Canada, so it to a week to get there, then 5 days at dji and another week to get back. Now my drone is flawless. P.S check your serial number before you ship it. Write down the number. I guarantee you that the will send you a new one. That's what happened with me. Just got my icarbon.com skin today
d87fda57fee7aa90dd7daf67bb26fce5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Spot01
I would just send it in to the service centre you will not be charged for this if it arrived in this way.

I went the same thing. I finally sent my mavic for repair. It was fully covered. I'm in Canada, so it to a week to get there, then 5 days at dji and another week to get back. Now my drone is flawless. P.S check your serial number before you ship it. Write down the number. I guarantee you that the will send you a new one. That's what happened with me. Just got my icarbon.com skin today

Wow. That looks nice...

Reactions: BrundlesMavic

Really looks good !!

Think i should get one too !

Listen I'm new to all this so please ignore if I'm stupid .
I watched a video and in settings there was a tag that put a color over anything out of focus

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Good to hear that you have the return option Thumbswayup

Remember: The options you have now might not be the ones you'll have in due time, if it misbehaves again.

I wouldn't settle for a defective Mavic right out of the box.

I know it is very difficult, after all the anticipation, to face the frustration of having to send it back and wait, once more, for another one.

Use the next 24/48 hours to really ponder how you feel about this in addition to search for possible fixes.

All the best.

MK

Thanks for your input. I Contacted DJI sales and requested return. Let's see what happens, should be valuable experience for all :)

First Update:

My purchase order number is: 001206405187

Contacted DJI sales at [email protected], because there is no other way to proceed.

Second day, there is no answer. Keep waiting.

I have a feeling, that they(DJI) are overwhelmed with problems. For example, today all day it was impossible to create online repair request. In contrast, on the same site, information on online repair does work. This shows that online repair requests are clogged.

Meanwhile, looking for repair shops DJI authorized or third party, who can handle camera problems in Europe. If anyone knows about them, please post.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BRUNO.CARDOSO