DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro attacked by bees

As it says the tittle. Today I was returning home when I started to see some strange shadows that turn to be a bunch of angry bees.

It was in the middle of the city at less than 30mts high.

It seems that I killed some of them

Anyone has had this kind of experience? If so, it is dangerous for the aircraft?

haha that is insane

As it says the tittle. Today I was returning home when I started to see some strange shadows that turn to be a bunch of angry bees.

Anyone has had this kind of experience? If so, it is dangerous for the aircraft?

This happen to me twice with my P3P...and not with my Mavic...yet. I always thought that phantoms had a similar "buzzing" sound as a swarm of bees and is the reason why they attack it. I didn't think they would attack the Mavic because it doesn't sound like the phantoms....but I guess your video proves me wrong. Maybe they haven't attacked my Mavic yet because it's still too cool here for bees to be active and aggressive.

You've had one useful reply, and I agree with him/her. It's not good to have the prop hurling insect bits into your equipment. Basic.

Had a very similar encounter with dragonflies. Unfortunately I was setting focus and wasn't recording yet. Could have been a nice shot.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

That's great. Thanks for sharing that!

Hope you don't have too many bee guts to deal with...

I live in Florida and bugs attack my Mavic almost daily

Oh man those environmentalists will be on the drone hunt now, :) i wonder if you had the gimbal cover on if it would look like my crash helmet after a run :)

The same just happened to me today! Not quite as many or as large. I was taking still shots, so didn't get video. But definitely had to re-take a few because of bees in the shot!

One of my props nicked a bumblebee. I had two attack my Mavic while landing. You could hear when the bee was hit. The sound of the rotors attracted them.

My Mavic was attacked last week in Murrietta. I had just finished a P.O.I. shoot and when I brought the Mavic back, at about 40feet I saw all the bees buzzing around it (bumble bees I think). Not wanting to deal with them I put the Mavic into sport mode elevated to 120 feet , flew off a few hundred feet , turned 90 degrees, flew another few hundred feet and then returned. Upon landing I found bee 'stuff' all over the Mavic, but none buzzing around anymore. Brought it home and carefully cleaned it back up, both the body and the props.

Bees are full of honey. Honey is sticky.. I know because I had about 3000+ of them in my attic.. Something to think about.

Yes I have the same and no adverse problems with my Mavic however very adverse problems for the bees. Like you they certainly came off second best.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard