DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO available at BestBuy.com RIGHT NOW!!!

So why say only DJI ??? I bought mine frome RC Depot a mom an pip shop, not big box/DJ [emoji854]

I didn't say only DJI. If you read my comment, I mentioned shopping at your local RC hobby store FIRST..

I didn't say only DJI. If you read my comment, I mentioned shopping at your local RC hobby store FIRST..

a956ee6e8d38742205e430ee84cb81a2.jpg

Right.

Reactions: Rustynuts
You can also buy from enjoy.com who DJI has partnered with if you are in one of the cities they service, someone comes to your home with your new product and teaches you for about an hour how to use them, a few of my friends from Apple left to work there. They are in the following cities

SF Bay Area
Los Angeles
New York
Chicago
Houston
Dallas
Atlanta
Miami

Ok so I take that back. The point is JUST DONT BUY IT FROM BEST BUY!!!!! Go to the camera store or some local mom and pop shop. Support your economy people.
Supporting Walmart and Best Buy is not helping your local economy!
That's all I'm trying to say and Im not down to argue about it.

I wish the Mavics were cheaper in my country. It is $1500 just for the standard and range anything from $1850 for the fly more combo. This is now at the stores. Importing it won't make much of a difference to the prices unfortunately ☹️

Ok so I take that back. The point is JUST DONT BUY IT FROM BEST BUY!!!!! Go to the camera store or some local mom and pop shop. Support your economy people.
Supporting Walmart and Best Buy is not helping your local economy!
That's all I'm trying to say and Im not down to argue about it.

i dont agree with this at all. the 200+ people who work at the local Best Buy, plus the tax revenue on the 1mil+ the store does in a day, is about 100x more than mom and pop will contribute to the local economy.

While I support local RC stores for their usual wealth of knowledge, you have to support the big box stores too, if you know what you want. If a local hobby store goes out of business, you might lose a small storefront, maybe 10 employees. If a Best Buy closes, you are going to lose 200+ jobs, a huge hit to tax income, plus a huge gigantic eyesore of a anchor store sitting on probably major street. Much more of a blight on the community.

Plus, economics. I can buy from "joes RC shop" and pay 999 for it, and get... a mavic. Or I can buy it for 999 from Best Buy, get the mavic, use my BB card and use their reward program, and accumulate enough points to get an extra battery, case, and extra set of props for free. Plus if theres a problem and i need to exchange/return it, Best Buy will be easier than "joes RC shop" who will fight and argue with me.

Big box store = Evil

I'm a small business owner, So I guess it's just taboo for me to buy from places like wal-mart, Costco, and Best Buy.
I encourage people to buy from there local RC hobby store first but since DJI products are on such a huge back order, it's wise to order direct from them if your in a rush.

Third party sellers have been doing way better job delivering mavic than dji have.
In fact dji have been caught many times lying to customers who have waited for weeks, even months for their pre ordered mavic. At the same time people like me have ordered from other sellers and got it delivered in 3 days.

Reactions: Rbruz
i dont agree with this at all. the 200+ people who work at the local Best Buy, plus the tax revenue on the 1mil+ the store does in a day, is about 100x more than mom and pop will contribute to the local economy.

While I support local RC stores for their usual wealth of knowledge, you have to support the big box stores too, if you know what you want. If a local hobby store goes out of business, you might lose a small storefront, maybe 10 employees. If a Best Buy closes, you are going to lose 200+ jobs, a huge hit to tax income, plus a huge gigantic eyesore of a anchor store sitting on probably major street. Much more of a blight on the community.

Plus, economics. I can buy from "joes RC shop" and pay 999 for it, and get... a mavic. Or I can buy it for 999 from Best Buy, get the mavic, use my BB card and use their reward program, and accumulate enough points to get an extra battery, case, and extra set of props for free. Plus if theres a problem and i need to exchange/return it, Best Buy will be easier than "joes RC shop" who will fight and argue with me.

Well I completely disagree with you.

Well I completely disagree with you.
Totally respect that, while I am a small business owner I am in the services space, so I understand your personal attachment to small store formats.

I went to the local Best Buy to buy a Mavic which they had on display and advertised for $999 only to find that they did not in fact even have Mavic's in their inventory. No Best Buys within 20 miles did, and that's about a dozen Best Buys where I live. Ordered it on Amazon instead ten minutes later. This is why brick and mortar stores are failing, their only advantage over online stores is convenience and not carrying inventory is the opposite of that. It's interesting and a little disconcerting to see the internet doing to big box stores what big box stores did to mom and pop stores.

I ordered mine from Best buy as well. I received it in 3 days. I have over a dozen flights and have had no issues. Too bad we can't get an extended warranty thru best buy they don't offer them for drones.

Got mine at Best Buy in three days. Not 3 weeks. Not 3 months.
3 DAYS. LOVE BEST BUY

Got mine from DJI from china in 5 days $1299 tax included. If I buy from Best Buy in California then add $110.00 in sales tax. Yep support your local sales tax and be sure to give a $1.00 at costco for meals for kids.

I had a few gift cards I use that's why I sent thru best buy. Plus you have 30 day return policy. I flew everyday for my 1st week to make sure I didn't have any issues. Otherwise it's going back and just have them send me a new one in 3 day's. Also the Mavic is $999.99 plus tax no shipping. So it was less then $1299 plus your 110.00

Last edited:
Funny that was asked bc I was wondering the same thing - about your profile name. Love older Megadeth stuff. Lately - browsing my Apple playlist - I have a lot of Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, Killswitch Engage, For Today, Motionless in White, Trivium.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929