Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro - back arms misaligned?

• Thread starter Deleted member 45347
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 45347

Hi,
i've recently had a minor crash with my mavic pro and i noticed that the right rear arm sits around 1mm higher than the other one when measuring on the ground. During flight, it's even more visible. Are they supposed to be 100% aligned or mm here and there doesn't matter? The arm is not loose or anything, feels the same as before
I dropped off my drone at local dji authorized thing for diagnosis ($30 ripoff) and asked about the rear arm replacement. They told me i would have to pay like $170 for it to get replaced (22 euro part huh) which gave me a stroke. I've also been told by the service guy there that the +-mm shouldn't matter at all and he thinks the arm is absolutely fine.
I wonder, does everyone have the rear arms 100% aligned? If you can, post a picture of your mavic in flight from the back.
Thank you very much
David

Was the crash deadly or just a minor plop to the ground?
It crashed with the rear arms into a wooden pole thing, the motors turned off and it fell from like 8ft onto the ground belly side up

If it’s 1mm I don’t think you need to worry. If you can really detect a difference in performance, I don’t see why you would need a replacement or have to even worry about it

Tomorrow I’ll check to see if my mavic’s arm is aligned
Thanks, that would be great.
This is what mine looks like in flight.
I think i'm lucky the gimbal or front arms didnt get fked upScreenshot_20180515-192946.jpeg

What do u think from the picture? is it bent too much?
i was thinking, if i wanted to fix it, i could either heat up the notch and bend it back into place with a piece of plywood or put few pieces of tape on the arm to make it more distanced from the notch which would put it back into original position.

Take a close up photo of the back. These little tabs tend to break causing a similar effect I think?
ec9ff03391e965b8c70cc575194198fc.jpg

Take a close up photo of the back. These little tabs tend to break causing a similar effect I think?
ec9ff03391e965b8c70cc575194198fc.jpg
It looks like the tab on mine is a bit deformed (bent upwards). Its not cracked, thats for sure, i've checked that.

Is the plastic the only thing that stops the arm or does the pivot hinge control the stopping point of the un-folding movement

Is the plastic the only thing that stops the arm or does the pivot hinge control the stopping point of the un-folding movement
The hinge has a point, but way further than this afaik.

Why not build the plastic lip that acts like a stopper up with JB weld. Once it has dried sand it down until the arm sits where you want . ? It’s only plastic .

Last edited:
Why not build the plastic lip that acts like a stopper up with job weld. Once it has dried sand it down until the arm sits where you want . ? It’s only plastic .
I wanna make it as light as possible and as easy as possible. Tape is the easiest and very light. Heatgun is quite difficult to get it 100% right but no weight is added.
I dunno how much would ur solution weight.

When your building up a small spot so close to the hinge it will not take much . I myself would not want to be replacing tape every few flights . A small amount of JB weld or some sort of epoxy would stay in place.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54