DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC PRO BATTERY GETS WET

JohnnyD913

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I LOST MY MAVIC PRO OVER A MONTH AGO AND AFTER DAYS OF SEARCHING WE NEVER FOUND MAV.
LONG STORY SHORT, FOR 30 DFAYS THE MAVIC AND BATTERY WERE SUBJECTED TO ELEMENTS ON
TOP OF A MANS ROOF. IT WAS STRADDLING THE PART WHERE THE ROOM WINDOWS MEET ROOF AND
FORM A SORTA V.
WE FIGURED ABOUT 8 DAYS IT GOT DRENCHED.
I AQUIRED NEW BATTERIES AND SO FAR MAVIC IS FINE, MY QUESTION IS SHOULD I ATTEMPT TO USE
THYE BATTRY THAT WAS IN NTHE WEATHER WITH THE MAVIC. IT ISNT SWOLLEN AND I CHARGED IT
AND IT APPEARS TO BE NORMAL.
WILL IT BE WORTH TRYING AS LONG AS I STAY CLOSE OR CAN JUST TURNING THAT BATTERY ON
WITH TH MAV, RUIN IT
THANKS,
JOHNNYD913

You can try it. In most cases, if it charges correctly, it might fly ok too. You could hover it at a low altitude and see how long the battery lasts.

If it were me, I would use that as an emergency backup battery only.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
You can try it. In most cases, if it charges correctly, it might fly ok too. You could hover it at a low altitude and see how long the battery lasts.

If it were me, I would use that as an emergency backup battery only.
Thunderdrones,
Once again I appreciate your advice.
I love how your not greedy and charege
folks.
everybody knows you guys are the best
and thank GOD for your type.
THANK U,JOHNNYD913

Reactions: Former Member
Before charging the battery did you place the wet battery in a bag containing silaca gel or dry rice to dry up any mouisture, if you did its possible as the battery did receive a charge its ok, but I would suggest to make sure just hover over some grass at a minimum height for the duration of the battery, at 1ft height you are not likely do any damage if the battery suddenly fails, but in saying this I had one phantom battery that showed four green lights and suddenly went down to zero and dropped to the ground from 15ft after 8 - 9 minutes of use, whilst it did crack the airframe it could have been a lot worse had I not been checking out a wasp nest for our local church, and upto that point the battery had always been good with no signs of a problem after 30 charges from new, so hover ultra low for the first couple of flights and observe the hover times against a known good battery and keep your eye on the battery status whilst hovering.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada