DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I couldn't open the file on my Mac. If you're still interested in the discharge curve for that flight here's a link to it.
FLY214.DAT

gE9afPo.png

Any idea why the RPMs are bouncing around on all four props? I don't see much activity on the gyros or stick inputs.

Last edited:
gE9afPo.png

Any idea why the RPMs are bouncing around on all four props? I don't see much activity on the gyros or stick inputs.

My guess is because I had it flying A Point of interest circle around my house. So it was making adjustments on its own to maintain that perfect pattern.

Reactions: Texas Mavic
I'll have to check my battery settings tonight, but I set them and haven't changed them since. Flew another 270sec after the counter hit 0%, but even at 0%, the DJI battery continued to count down voltage.

what batteries are you running? crazy you ran that far below zero. i hit zero and it was at 2.96v, your still up at 3.39, thats crazy.

what batteries are you running? crazy you ran that far below zero. i hit zero and it was at 2.96v, your still up at 3.39, thats crazy.

Thunderpower 4500HV. Keep in mind I was descending at 10m/s for 563sec using very little power. At 1600sec I'm flying towards home at 10m/s while descending at 10. No difference in motor speeds vs dropping straight down.

vQgpHGg.png

Reactions: Texas Mavic
Had a good flight yesterday using a single 3000mah Zippy got 35mins flying to 10%!!
Motors were cool everything was good. I did try to keep at the same altitude for the duration of the flight,maybe 50meters so flew conservatively to get this figure. To be honest I was ready to come in after half hour anyway. I was using the goggles too.

flew the bolts again, twice. one flight was cut short.

bolt1: 29m46s, 66628ft, landed 1% - Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
bolt2: 20m 11s, 45,628ft total, landed 41% Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

they are getting better, im happier with the 29m flight time. 30min+ should be right there.

you gotta try everything! that's the motto a few of us live by from the start of the bat mod days starting with the P2's and popularized with the P3's, so hats off to all these tests. I'm just wondering why one single battery can do so good, and others even when you double them up can do significantly less? I know there's a lot of variables, but there seem to be a lot more variables with the Mavic then the other models

Reactions: chazz
First test with both TP packs, 4500 and 3500 plus DJI battery:
27,930m distance, 345m vertical, 37:01 flight time. The location only had line of sight crosswind, so wasting some energy there, plus too much altitude due to terrain. Will have to drive out to the countryside for a proper test. 45,817ft one way is a decent start though, and in theory could put me at #5 on the leaderboard.

My previous best with DJI + TP4500 was 24,531m distance with 296m vertical.

Last edited:
@Ed209 when you get your board done do you plan to test your Titan battery? I'm anxious to see the results you get and when it hits the low voltage thing...Also with the way you hooked it up your % may not drop much and you may have to rely on voltage to judge your flight...

@Ed209 when you get your board done do you plan to test your Titan battery? I'm anxious to see the results you get and when it hits the low voltage thing...Also with the way you hooked it up your % may not drop much and you may have to rely on voltage to judge your flight...

I wasn’t planning on testing that Titan pack but if I have time I’ll give it a shot. One thing that concerns me is if I run it solo with no other batteries, I have to watch the discharge. It’s rated for 15A constant. That would net 32min. I don’t think this thing would put up record setting numbers. Or even be a viable option for distance runs.

Edit: discharging it faster than the recommended rate will cause it to heat up and run the risk of fire. Also, to get the full potential out if this pack, you’d need to fly down to 2.5v per cell and I don’t think you can do that even with parameter changes. You would need an arduino and some other components to act as a MiM and send false info to the Mavic telling it that the voltage is higher.

Last edited:
Got it wired up. I tried connecting balance first then xt60. It powers up but then shuts off in a few seconds. I think I understand why the need for the jumpers now. So that power is running through that part of the circuit. Hmmmm
e5706ef8ee1d326b932574de03c4104c.jpg

Reactions: digdat0
Got it wired up. I tried connecting balance first then xt60. It powers up but then shuts off in a few seconds. I think I understand why the need for the jumpers now. So that power is running through that part of the circuit. Hmmmm
e5706ef8ee1d326b932574de03c4104c.jpg

Yeah for some reason it needs power there also. The balance lead works, but I jumped mine too.

I need a better soldering iron. I can barely get mine hot enough to release the positive solder connection

Yeah for some reason it needs power there also. The balance lead works, but I jumped mine too.

I need a better soldering iron. I can barely get mine hot enough to release the positive solder connection
I just soldered jumpers and same result. It powers up but then shuts off in a few seconds. Does it need to be connected to the Mavic??? Regular DJI battery doesn't behave that way.
97796645a1ab93ead4bfa1e76d00d3b2.jpg

I just soldered jumpers and same result. It powers up but then shuts off in a few seconds. Does it need to be connected to the Mavic??? Regular DJI battery doesn't behave that way.

No, if the two main leads are powered the balance lead I think powers the board itself.

Otherwise running the jumpers to the board I believe eliminates the need for the balance connector to be used.

But Ed I’m basically an idiot. All I know is what I experiment with on my board. I never actually tried using it.

No, if the two main leads are powered the balance lead I think powers the board itself.

Otherwise running the jumpers to the board I believe eliminates the need for the balance connector to be used.

But Ed I’m basically an idiot. All I know is what I experiment with on my board. I never actually tried using it.

Hmmm. What I'm thinking is you need the balance leads if you want to see individual cell voltage. Now for power, I first soldered my leads to pins 2-3 & 5-6...That is bypassing the board. So when I first tried and and the board shut off, I figured the board needs to see voltage running through it so I just put the jumpers on the "bat -" and "bat +" pads to the xt60s. that way you have voltage running through the board and also going directly to the power pins. My thinking is that by doing it this way, if the board shuts off, you'll still be flying with direct power to pins 2-3 5-6.

Anyone else who's done this help me out?

Look how i did it in the pic

I see what you did. You wired the power direct to the pads and then jumpers to the pins. I don't know how that makes a difference since both ways is getting constant voltage.
img_5403-jpg.21920

agreed but worth a try because it works for me...Try without the jumpers first and then turn it on...Then add the jumpers because you need some current to pass the board if you want full use of the battery...Balance lead first! and hey why the 2 balance leads?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mamabear007