DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Another way to get off the ground quickly, especially with dual external connectors is you warm up on the externals with no main battery, turn on the main and clip it in.

Reactions: dirtybum
Another way to get off the ground quickly, especially with dual external connectors is you warm up on the externals with no main battery, turn on the main and clip it in.
I was not really just trying to get up fast but fine out if the computer on the battery would let it be over charged to get a little more juice in the main battery

here is the video from the flight with 2 batteries on (protek 3600) this is the 2 second for the batteries.

Reactions: SkyNinja
here is the video from the flight with 2 batteries on (protek 3600) this is the 2 second for the batteries.

Which propellers are you running? These proteks are light enough that you can probably run the Platinum props. Just fly slow with them, like 31mph and I think they might be more efficient than the original Mavic Pro props. Anyway,, compare them. If you do some weight cutting then you would really see good results with Platinum propellers.

Which propellers are you running? These proteks are light enough that you can probably run the Platinum props. Just fly slow with them, like 31mph and I think they might be more efficient than the original Mavic Pro props. Anyway,, compare them. If you do some weight cutting then you would really see good results with Platinum propellers.
Funny you say that. I was thinking the same thing. I have been using the old stock ones.
I am running about 31mph or 32mph out and on the way back doing about 33mph

Funny you say that. I was thinking the same thing. I have been using the old stock ones.
I am running about 31mph or 32mph out and on the way back doing about 33mph

I just watched the whole video. Those Protek batteries kick ***! You were outpacing the battery, even at the end of the flight. By outpacing, I mean for every battery percentage point, you covered more than 1,000ft. That is really good.

Reactions: BigMotor
I just watched the whole video. Those Protek batteries kick ***! You were outpacing the battery, even at the end of the flight. By outpacing, I mean for every battery percentage point, you covered more than 1,000ft. That is really good.
I figure im going to need 43 minutes to get to 58k and back at 31mph

Reactions: SkyNinja
I figure im going to need 43 minutes to get to 58k and back at 31mph

I think Keith usually flies around 41-42 minutes and does 31mph out and 33.6mph back. Ideally if you have just the slightest headwind of like 1-2mph, it's just perfect. Anyway, I like what I'm seeing with your results. May have to order a set myself. I like the light weight and high voltage characteristics of those. They might be less capacity and less density than the ThunderPower, but they make up for that with a higher sustained voltage over the flight and light weight. Also, who knows, they perform better than we think at lower voltages. I suspect the last 10 percent will go a bit fast, so I would be careful anyway.

I think Keith usually flies around 41-42 minutes and does 31mph out and 33.6mph back. Ideally if you have just the slightest headwind of like 1-2mph, it's just perfect. Anyway, I like what I'm seeing with your results. May have to order a set myself. I like the light weight and high voltage characteristics of those. They might be less capacity and less density than the ThunderPower, but they make up for that with a higher sustained voltage over the flight and light weight. Also, who knows, they perform better than we think at lower voltages. I suspect the last 10 percent will go a bit fast, so I would be careful anyway.

Those batteries will also improve as they get broken in. I get my best results after several cycles.

I just watched the whole video. Those Protek batteries kick ***! .

Thanks Pheonix for bringing these to everybody's attention, even though I've been telling everybody they kick *** for a month, you're the first one that's actually bought them[emoji41]
My last PIII flight I went 25,000 in the first 10%, they are very well-built batteries, and even though cyber thinks they may not be good on the low-end, I'd rather have my main battery end at 3.4 and my externals end at 3.3 than have it the other way around.
I expect a less sag out of 100 C battery at the low-end than I would out of a multi star, and if I can achieve that at the same weight as a multi-star win-win

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Phxbird57
Thanks Pheonix for bringing these to everybody's attention, even though I've been telling everybody they kick *** for a month, you're the first one that's actually bought them[emoji41]
My last PIII flight I went 25,000 in the first 10%, they are very well-built batteries, and even though cyber thinks they may not be good on the low-end, I'd rather have my main battery and it 3.4 and my externals end at 3.3 than have it the other way around.
I expect a less sag out of 100 C battery at the low-end than I would out of a multi star, and if I can achieve that at the same weight as a multi-star win-win
I never doted you it just took me a little time to get the money for them ;). And I think Cyber it starting to sway over too. After a few more short flights to get them broke in. We will all see that they can do. good or bad. I just hope I don't have to go driving very far.....I already know most of the farmers.:p:cool:

I never doted you it just took me a little time to get the money for them ;). And I think Cyber it starting to sway over too. After a few more short flights to get them broke in. We will all see that they can do. good or bad. I just hope I don't have to go driving very far.....I already know most of the farmers.:p:cool:

I ordered 3 today ;-). $187!

Reactions: dirtybum
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2p123