DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

oh ok so you have the bricked board plugged into the mav with nothing connected to it and the external plugged into the one of the leads you added coming from esc board?

Reactions: lolo780
Yes. I'm not eager to brick a good battery so not sure how to precede from here. Ideally would like to have percentage and mAh counter of course, but having voltage would be workable.

Yes. I'm not eager to brick a good battery so not sure how to precede from here. Ideally would like to have percentage and mAh counter of course, but having voltage would be workable.

Agreed... i guess i got lucky on the first one and never had to do it again. it gives everything but mah.
I found this "g_raw.battery_info.design_capacity_0" and "g_raw.battery_info.full_charge_capacity_0" in the go app config file and i thought i was going to be able to change the mah but it didn't work.

Hi guys! This is my new ideal for mod no need opening mavic!

Attachments

• IMG_2076.JPG
    IMG_2076.JPG
    685.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2077.JPG
    IMG_2077.JPG
    920.8 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_2078.JPG
    IMG_2078.JPG
    807.5 KB · Views: 123
So I decided to brute force it to the distance limit today. Strapped on 3 Proteks and just powered out there with stock Mavic and Platinum propellers. 58,820ft out and back. I'll post up the video later.

Here is video. The signal with 4Hawks XR panel is awesome when boosted. I had some big interference from those high tension power lines I flew over, but once I got far enough away, signal came back strong!

Last edited:
So I decided to brute force it to the distance limit today. Strapped on 3 Proteks and just powered out there with stock Mavic and Platinum propellers. 58,820ft out and back. I'll post up the video later.

Here is video. The signal with 4Hawks XR panel is awesome when boosted. I had some big interference from those high tension power lines I flew over, but once I got far enough away, signal came back strong!

Great flight and video!

Nice flight CyberNate! Thanks for sharing that. It's the first video i saw that showed the limit problem. looks like 58730ft is the limit.

Nice flight CyberNate! Thanks for sharing that. It's the first video i saw that showed the limit problem. looks like 58730ft is the limit.

Yes, I didn't try any tricks for coasting and I also stood many feet behind my launch point. If I had walked forward a bit I could get some more distance. I don't want to play those games. Limit is limit. I am glad that Lolo has the record. He certainly has earned it.

Reactions: dirtybum
Regarding hard limit, you can see that it is the RC signal that is cut. It goes out first. You need 2 way to maintain connection. This seems to be a controller issue. The radio service resets.

are you saying if you walked forward a little more it would have gone farther before hitting the limit? Isn't it 58730 ft from the home point?

are you saying if you walked forward a little more it would have gone farther before hitting the limit? Isn't it 58730 ft from the home point?

If you walk forward, the Mavic will go that much farther forward before limit. If you move backward, the limit will be hit sooner. Somehow the controller knows how far it is from Mavic, even with no GPS on controller side. I've tried spoofing location, doesn't help.

Reactions: chazz
Regarding hard limit, you can see that it is the RC signal that is cut. It goes out first. You need 2 way to maintain connection. This seems to be a controller issue. The radio service resets.

Did anyone ever look in the rc firmware. Is there a place to find it extracted into its "modules" like the phantom firmware was. Does it have a config file?

Did anyone ever look in the rc firmware. Is there a place to find it extracted into its "modules" like the phantom firmware was. Does it have a config file?

Opened up an incident on Slack, but no one has made progress so far. I'm not sure how much effort has been put into it. I haven't dug into it much either.

wow what a video. compared to my video at 30k I've pasted 3 roads you maybe 60.
Great Job.

Awesome and congrats! I'm guessing that starting from an elevated location (compared to flight route) also helps with signal performance. That's what I need to fly to locations in my area. Houston is so flat that the only way to start from above trees, buildings, etc., is to go on top of a building.

I like how you had great signal performance with the altitude you flew at. Can you give more info on your 4Hawks XR setup?

Awesome and congrats! I'm guessing that starting from an elevated location (compared to flight route) also helps with signal performance. That's what I need to fly to locations in my area. Houston is so flat that the only way to start from above trees, buildings, etc., is to go on top of a building.

I like how you had great signal performance with the altitude you flew at. Can you give more info on your 4Hawks XR setup?

It just the 4hawks XR kit designed for Mavic and spark with sunhams 3w 2.4ghz boosters. You can get the cheap dragon 4w boosters that are just as good or better like these:

Wifi Signal Booster 2.4Ghz 4W 802.11 Signal Extender Wifi Repeater Broadband Amplifiers for Wireless Router, with 5dBi Antenna https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01B94U438/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_ebdwAbND258ZG

In case anyone wants to try 3 protek batteries, here's some pictures. Use XT30 connectors to save weight. Gaffers tape to make battery belt and dual lock to attach side batteries. Works great. The low profile dimensions help minimize drag and propeller blockage.
20180112_100909.jpg

20180112_101010.jpg

20180112_101023.jpg

In case anyone wants to try 3 protek batteries, here's some pictures. Use XT30 connectors to save weight. Gaffers tape to make battery belt and dual lock to attach side batteries. Works great. The low profile dimensions help minimize drag and propeller blockage.

So when you use the three externals does that mean no main DJI battery on top? It was originally reported that the Mavic doesn't do very well with that much external weight using the platinum props, I guess that's simply not true?

Reactions: BigMotor

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf