DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Hey guys, I noticed there are two options on the pro tek 3600 packs. One option is 80 grams lighter which would be 160 grams lighter in a dual setup and 240 grams lighter in a tri setup. I have attached both photos. I’ve seen people using the heavier ones in past posts. The lighter ones would just connect with banana plugs. Am I crazy or do the lighter ones seem like a good option?

Attachments

• 9EF9A802-FDD7-4455-8046-20D9B9348F8D.png
    9EF9A802-FDD7-4455-8046-20D9B9348F8D.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 69
  • 44DB7017-5B93-467B-A64D-A752F8D20E92.png
    44DB7017-5B93-467B-A64D-A752F8D20E92.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
Hey guys, I noticed there are two options on the pro tek 3600 packs. One option is 80 grams lighter which would be 160 grams lighter in a dual setup and 240 grams lighter in a tri setup. I have attached both photos. I’ve seen people using the heavier ones in past posts. The lighter ones would just connect with banana plugs. Am I crazy or do the lighter ones seem like a good option?

The lighter one is 2S (7.4V) which is not the right voltage. You need the 3S (11.4V) version.

Is there a way to fully charge the lihv cells to 4.35 volts and have the dual external setup work without battery error? If I’m correct I believe the Mavic battery can be charged to 4.30 volts. And from what I have heard the Mavic battery will turn off if the externals have more volts. What do you guys do? Charge the externals to 4.29 volts?

Is there a way to fully charge the lihv cells to 4.35 volts and have the dual external setup work without battery error? If I’m correct I believe the Mavic battery can be charged to 4.30 volts. And from what I have heard the Mavic battery will turn off if the externals have more volts. What do you guys do? Charge the externals to 4.29 volts?
Just turn on the internal battery right before taking off. I start my props with CSC and turn on internal and immediately take off.

Just turn on the internal battery right before taking off. I start my props with CSC and turn on internal and immediately take off.

I don’t know what csc stands for. So you charge the Mavic battery full with the stock charger and you charge the lihvs to 4.35? So even with the lihvs at a higher volt than the Mavic battery you are able to fly with no battery error how you described? If you immediately take off and have an error what do you do?

I don’t know what csc stands for. So you charge the Mavic battery full with the stock charger and you charge the lihvs to 4.35? So even with the lihvs at a higher volt than the Mavic battery you are able to fly with no battery error how you described? If you immediately take off and have an error what do you do?
CSC you can find in the Mavic manual. It is pushing both controller sticks down and toward inside or outside to start motors.

The blue 5 in 1 charger you commonly see on Amazon charges 3 Mavic batteries in parallel. The middle port charges a bit higher, like 4.37v.

Are you using this charger? Or are you immediately taking off how you described with a stock charged Mavic battery

Are you using this charger? Or are you immediately taking off how you described with a stock charged Mavic battery

I have the charger, but I don't always use it. I also overcharge the externals to 4.4v on occasion so still need to do steps to avoid internal turning off.

How do you start your props and then connect the externals? Are you hand launching?
Externals are already connected and internal was also on, but often it turns off or goes into charging mode. Just turn it on again right before lift off.

Externals are already connected and internal was also on, but often it turns off or goes into charging mode. Just turn it on again right before lift off.

So even if you turn it back on and it remains on are goes into the charging mode you just repeat the steps until it remains on? I'm assuming by repeating the steps it allows the externals to adjust themselves to the internals? Did I say that right?

So even if you turn it back on and it remains on are goes into the charging mode you just repeat the steps until it remains on? I'm assuming by repeating the steps it allows the externals to adjust themselves to the internals? Did I say that right?

When Mavic is drawing power, the internal doesn't turn off. The reason is that when you draw enough power, the voltage drop across all packs to a point below the internal level. Just turn internal on right before you spin up motors for lift off.

Screenshot_2018-01-29-22-51-20.png
Is this the charger that you were referring to where the center port charges higher than the outside 2 ports?

Yes, that's the one. There are many different brands, but they're all the same.

Just might give it a try. Still waiting on those 3600's to come down some, might be a long wait though lolololololololololol!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScottLoucks