DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I combed through the whole dji app and couldn’t locate where you can specify non dji battery and also where you can adjust the landing voltage. Help please.

I combed through the whole dji app and couldn’t locate where you can specify non dji battery and also where you can adjust the landing voltage. Help please.

You need to do more research. Find Digdat0 's youtube videos. All changes are done in DJI Assistant 2. We are not supposed to talk about those tweaks in this forum.

Well, I think there is potential for 4s battery using the internal board. That is something that Lolo has messed around with. Mavic flies WAY faster on 4s and is quite efficient. I haven't messed with it yet. You would simply connection 3 of the 4 cells to the BMS board. Something to experiment with.
Thank you again CyberNate, let me see if I am following you. Take out the original cells and replace it with a 4s battery and connect only 3 cells, you mean connect all 4 but only connect the balancing leads of 3 cells? If so do you have any recommendations for a 4s battery?
Lolo: if you are out there could you please elaborate a bit on your experience with this? Thank you all!

Thank you again CyberNate, let me see if I am following you. Take out the original cells and replace it with a 4s battery and connect only 3 cells, you mean connect all 4 but only connect the balancing leads of 3 cells? If so do you have any recommendations for a 4s battery?
Lolo: if you are out there could you please elaborate a bit on your experience with this? Thank you all!

You basically use the battery smart board as an interface to connect any external 4s battery. Just an idea. Yes, you would only connect 3 or the 4 cells to the balance port as the port only accepts 3s. I'm just giving you the ideas of what you can try. These are advanced mods that only a select few have tried. I have not opened up a Mavic battery yet. Please be careful if you're new to modding the Mavic. You might want to hold off on this idea for now until others have done some more testing. The battery board is very sensitive and will brick itself if you touch the wrong part of it or disconnect/connect cells in the wrong order. @beanbubba has bricked at least 5 battery boards ;-).

You basically use the battery smart board as an interface to connect any external 4s battery. Just an idea. Yes, you would only connect 3 or the 4 cells to the balance port as the port only accepts 3s. I'm just giving you the ideas of what you can try. These are advanced mods that only a select few have tried. I have not opened up a Mavic battery yet. Please be careful if you're new to modding the Mavic. You might want to hold off on this idea for now until others have done some more testing. The battery board is very sensitive and will brick itself if you touch the wrong part of it or disconnect/connect cells in the wrong order. @beanbubba has bricked at least 5 battery boards ;-).
Thanks man :) I'll hold until the experts have a better understanding of the battery
Talking about batteries, I am sure you guys have seen this aftermarket batteries For DJI Mavic Pro/Platinum/Alpine Intelligent Flight LiPo Battery 11.4V 3830mAh | eBay
The one thing I am not following is that they claim that the battery is "9.Status :Fully decoded" I asked the seller what does that mean, his reply "being able to see the battery in the Goapp", however it does not sound right, anyone knows what that means? Has anyone tried one of this batteries?

This has been covered many times in great detail, but today is your lucky day. I just got a new bird and wired her up tonight and took a few pictures that you can reference doing your own mod.

Good luck!

View attachment 30067 View attachment 30068 View attachment 30069 View attachment 30070 View attachment 30071

Beanbubba, what do use the DC power plug you added on top of the Mavic for?

8da0353a49a06b1f95a86ef9f04c62d5.jpg

Hey guys, I’m having camera quality issues when using the externals. Whe I fly stock camera is clear. When I plug in externals and fly it is very blurry and grainy. Any advice? Thanks

Hey guys, I’m having camera quality issues when using the externals. Whe I fly stock camera is clear. When I plug in externals and fly it is very blurry and grainy. Any advice? Thanks

I have had instances where the autofocus would not work and I had to do it manually, but I never related it to the externals. What happens if you start recording video and then plug in your external’s? Does it immediately get blurry and grainy?

I have had instances where the autofocus would not work and I had to do it manually, but I never related it to the externals. What happens if you start recording video and then plug in your external’s? Does it immediately get blurry and grainy?

I will check this tomorrow and let you know. I just know that when I fly stock the video is clean and when I fly with the externals it is grainy. I will also upload a video

Reactions: SkyNinja

This is flight I did today with the externals and you can see the video is extremely unfocused and grainy. If I fly stock I do not have this problem

Reactions: rcbanme

This is flight I did today with the externals and you can see the video is extremely unfocused and grainy. If I fly stock I do not have this problem
What battery setup did you do with this flight? Very good flight!
ps: I note you do not touch the screen while take of. It will become difficult to focus when you fly in the air

Last edited:

You needed to flip over to manual focus and focus camera. Them flip back to auto focus. It happens often for me.

Reactions: The Dronz Dr

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poppy52