DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

You needed to flip over to manual focus and focus camera. Them flip back to auto focus. It happens often for me.

At what point do you manually focus it? Before takeoff? Or while flying?

Also, I purchased the 5 in 1 charger. I remember you said it can charge to 4.35 volts on the stock battery. Is there something special you have to do to get that voltage? BecAuse I took a battery that was fully charged yesterday on the stock charger, and put it on the 5 in 1 today and it didn’t charge it any extra. The stock charger only pushed it to 4.3v I think. Just trying to figure out how to get that extra voltage with the 5 in 1.

Try turning the battery on. If that doesn't work, discharge it a little.

At what point do you manually focus it? Before takeoff? Or while flying?

Also, I purchased the 5 in 1 charger. I remember you said it can charge to 4.35 volts on the stock battery. Is there something special you have to do to get that voltage? BecAuse I took a battery that was fully charged yesterday on the stock charger, and put it on the 5 in 1 today and it didn’t charge it any extra. The stock charger only pushed it to 4.3v I think. Just trying to figure out how to get that extra voltage with the 5 in 1.

Use the middle charge port. You'll need to discharge battery a little to get charging started again. Middle port should charge to 4.37v.

I've been having pretty good luck with the 18650 4s3p battery i've been testing and I like the way it handles so i'm moving up to 4s4p to see what happens..Being out at 45000' at low volts and not having an accurate percent gauge is something that's hard to get used to...It'll be a little heavy at maybe 1390 grams total.

I've been having pretty good luck with the 18650 4s3p battery i've been testing and I like the way it handles so i'm moving up to 4s4p to see what happens..Being out at 45000' at low volts and not having an accurate percent gauge is something that's hard to get used to...It'll be a little heavy at maybe 1390 grams total.

chazz, could you please provide some info on the batteries (size, weight, Ah) and how they have been performing on long distance flights?

Graph your voltage curve against watt seconds in Csview and then assign percentages. Have a cheat sheet taped to the back of your antenna.

You needed to flip over to manual focus and focus camera. Them flip back to auto focus. It happens often for me.
Nice flying. Could you post a picture of your setup of your Mavic Pro if you don't mine. I would love see it. And also what batteries did you use? Thanks

Last edited:
Nice flying. Could you post a picture of your setup of your Mavic Pro if you don't mine. I would love see it. And also what batteries did you use? Thanks

The information is already in this thread. Protek 3600 lihv. There are pictures of the setup earlier in the thread.

chazz, could you please provide some info on the batteries (size, weight, Ah) and how they have been performing on long distance flights?

Hey SkyNinja, Here's the spec's
Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A Battery

I got an over 43min hover with these but only out around 45000 with them so far. I was back home at about 2.9V and they're good until about 2.7 and then they drop pretty quick to 2.5...Also lots of voltage drop..It was a pack of 12 now I'm trying for 16.

Reactions: SkyNinja
Hey SkyNinja, Here's the spec's
Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh 10A Battery

I got an over 43min hover with these but only out around 45000 with them so far. I was back home at about 2.9V and they're good until about 2.7 and then they drop pretty quick to 2.5...Also lots of voltage drop..It was a pack of 12 now I'm trying for 16.

Any pictures of how you have them mounted, configuration, charging setup ?

Same weight I'm flying at with 3 protek 3600 batteries. It's a heavy pig, but flies fine with Platinum propellers.

Reactions: chazz
Interesting phenomena yesterday, I just loaded.700 FW the day before flew fine with no Extra weight. Load my 2-3600 Proteks onboard went to take off the rear motors lifted first and higher than the front and the MP stoped dead, because of tilt at takeoff. Will not do it without the extra batteries never has done this before. So what I did was placed a extra 1/2” under the front legs (foam pad) to reverse basis the MP and now it will takeoff fine
It never did this on the other FW .0000 runnining M PP props

Interesting phenomena yesterday, I just loaded.700 FW the day before flew fine with no Extra weight. Load my 2-3600 Proteks onboard went to take off the rear motors lifted first and higher than the front and the MP stoped dead, because of tilt at takeoff. Will not do it without the extra batteries never has done this before. So what I did was placed a extra 1/2” under the front legs (foam pad) to reverse basis the MP and now it will takeoff fine
It never did this on the other FW .0000 runnining M PP props

You must have the standard props rather than Platinum props. You won't see that with Platinum because of the increased pitch. It's normal behavior under weight. You should use csc to start motors and give full power to lift off quickly.

Rather than using the automatic take off option in dji go, you can move both controler sticks down and out at the same time to start motors. Then give it full right stick to lift off quickly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kinskajitka