DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

thats a 4s4p, how did compass,and flighttime do, when it was 4s3p? and what whas batt distance?

I just ordered 8 more of these to make a 4s6p. I don't know why i would do this with all the compass issues these batteries cause. I reconfigured them a little and it helped a little with the errors on the 4s4p and 20700mah sounds too good to pass up.
Have you considered a GPS extension cable? Mount it up higher like a homebuilt. 300+ Wh sounds good!

Reactions: dirtybum
Have you considered a GPS extension cable? Mount it up higher like a homebuilt. 300+ Wh sounds good!

Sounds like a good idea...Any thoughts on how or where to mount it? Do they make a cable or would i have to make my own?

I am on my 8th mavic and getting pretty good at this. I have tried every possible wiring schema for external battery connections and this one is a winner.

View attachment 36992 View attachment 36993 View attachment 36994 View attachment 36995 View attachment 36996
Hey Beanbubba - Very Nice!! How would you like to make some money with all of your research? I would like to have you mod my Mavick like that. I am still using the two port top mounted clip on device and don't like the constant threat of having a mid air collision with my battery wires. Talk about self destruct. Any chance you would consider that? If so tell me how to get a hold of you and I will send it with the $.

Hey Beanbubba - Very Nice!! How would you like to make some money with all of your research? I would like to have you mod my Mavick like that. I am still using the two port top mounted clip on device and don't like the constant threat of having a mid air collision with my battery wires. Talk about self destruct. Any chance you would consider that? If so tell me how to get a hold of you and I will send it with the $.

You did see the note that this is my 8th mavic? Are you sure you want to give up your baby to a stranger that goes through mavics like some folks go through shoes :)

Reactions: chazz and dirtybum
I am on my 8th mavic and getting pretty good at this. I have tried every possible wiring schema for external battery connections and this one is a winner.

View attachment 36992 View attachment 36993 View attachment 36994 View attachment 36995 View attachment 36996
That mod looks good Bean, what the plan for those four battery connectors? You are always taking things to the next level.[emoji106]

I just went the opposite direction on my Mavic number 5, instead of doing two connectors I did one with 12 gauge wire to reduce resistance. Seems to be quite a few large capacity LIHV 3S batteries out there I want test out requiring only one connector.

IMG_7830.JPG

IMG_7621.JPG

IMG_7623.JPG

Removed it from the hard case
IMG_7632.JPG

IMG_7639.JPG
Weight is a little less then two Protek 3600

That mod looks good Bean, what the plan for those four battery connectors? You are always taking things to the next level.[emoji106]

I just went the opposite direction on my Mavic number 5, instead of doing two connectors I did one with 12 gauge wire to reduce resistance. Seems to be quite a few large capacity LIHV 3S batteries out there I want test out requiring only one connector.

View attachment 37216

View attachment 37217

View attachment 37219

View attachment 37220

View attachment 37221

Very cool. When using a single battery, where is your preferred mounting location?

View attachment 37216

View attachment 37217

View attachment 37219

View attachment 37220

View attachment 37221

I am using 4 connectors for some bird side radio testing. 2 protec's and 2 radio amp's.

dronemods-2018-103.png

Some free advice for anyone wanting to get a nice and clean opening in the mavic body. Find a drill bit that is just a bit smaller than the opening you want, then get yourself a good set of hobby files, now file down the remaining shell material by hand. Take your time and you can get a perfect/clean custom fit opening. I have also tried several different materials to secure the XT connectors, but only one that meets my satisfaction.

This epoxy is amazing and has a 15 minute working time:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004VODQ0M/

Tamaya file set (these are the best):
https://www.amazon.com/Tamiya-300074046-Basic-File-Tools/dp/B000BMUONA/

EDIT: note that this epoxy becomes one with the mavic shell. Unlike hot glue that can be plucked out after the fact, make sure you are ready for a permanent solution when using this material.

Last edited:
B.B., Thanks for for the info, I have to ask what happened to the first 7 Mavic’s?it reminds me of the grizzly Adams show when jack had good old #7 the mule.

Here's where I'm at with this. I'm waiting for the extension cable (if its the right one) and the lion batteries to come in to test. It added 20grams.

Compass holder 2.JPG Compass holder 1.JPG

I am using 4 connectors for some bird side radio testing. 2 protec's and 2 radio amp's.

View attachment 37242

Wow, that’s smart use in the connectors to power the bird side amps.

I generally prefer to fly with the battery underneath, both with a single battery or double battery, just to reduce drag when I’m flying for distance. But if flying with external battery to increased flight time for stuff like videoing, mapping and search & rescue I will mount the battery on top so not to interfere with the visual sensors on the bottom of the Mavic.

IMG_7832.JPG

IMG_7834.JPG

IMG_7835.JPG

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661