DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Ok... Now another question... When the Mavic or the Phantom for the matter is compiling the data on board for things like RTH based on the battery life is that info pulled form the onboard chip in the battery? Does the APP show total battery tie with the mods? Or just the battery life of the stock battery?

Thanks
You will not see an increase in the Mah in RTH, just your battery % will
Drop slower throughout your flight...

That's fair enough, but you will be putting extra load on the motors and esc's with the extra heat.

How have you connected up the extra batteries?
I can't see how they can charge the mavic pack, surely if connected up in parallel with mavic pack you are juust creating one big 3s battery?

I had a mod like that on my phantom. I don't find it something that I keep on the drone all the time, but having the ability to add more time to in air time when needed, I've found very useful.
And I don't have alot of worries about the motor or other hardware, they can handle occasional pressure I would say.

Also all kinds of modding gives our inner nerd a great wanking, useful or not, when they are successful it's oddly satisfying. [emoji16]

This might be a silly question but how are the extra batteries mounted to the Mavic?

So Amars, curious what you might expect with one of those 910mAh batteries mounted on top instead of two on the sides? It would be nice to have the option of just getting 2-3 extra minutes with something like a 80-90 gram weight penalty, versus the 176 gram weight penalty for longer times. Any possibility to run the test?

Here is the new long-range from FPVcustoms.com . It ties into the main power cable. Also included is a battery bracket. A 3s LIHV battery (3000 to 4000ma) is recommended for use with this mod. This mod is hardwired.

Attachments

• IMG_2546.PNG
    IMG_2546.PNG
    3.8 MB · Views: 1,457
  • IMG_2547.PNG
    IMG_2547.PNG
    445.3 KB · Views: 1,443
  • IMG_2548.PNG
    IMG_2548.PNG
    443 KB · Views: 1,424
  • IMG_2549.PNG
    IMG_2549.PNG
    436.9 KB · Views: 1,380
Here is the new long-range from FPVcustoms.com . It ties into the main power cable. Also included is a battery bracket. A 3s LIHV battery (3000 to 4000ma) is recommended for use with this mod. This mod is hardwired.
Do you notice more power with the extra bats . My inspire loved a good multistar on it made it more responsive

Just tested Mavic with the following:
2x Zippy Compact 3S 1000 mah 25C batts, the Battery adapter mod-dual XT60 connectors.

Hover test at 6000' - 22:15 minutes to 20% . Hmmmm, not impressed with this, I can get 21:00 minutes with just the Mavic battery alone doing the same hover test. I charged back 910 mah into each of the Zippy Compacts, so it clearly sucked power from them, and the test brought them too low for my liking (I like to leave 20% mah in them).

my concern with this is the extra loading on props and motors. Probably no big deal, but i personally like the idea of flying light and 20 mins is heaps for me.
Good simple mod just the same

Is there a list of all batteries tested on the mavic currently?

Is there an "official" sweet spot between Mah vs weight?

Reactions: mereflyer
There would be, you'd have to take rpm and motors into account also. I would be thinking that the developers are sitting pretty close to that spot with the mavic.

Yeah but I meant talking about battery extension, there seem to be some that adds real value and some just use the motors for "nothing"

Criteria of the extension kept for 3 original mavic's batteries should also be taken into account... I prefer having some room to add some accessories if I need to swap the original battery anyway between flights... (just swap extension battery as well)

So did anyone figured a battery extension that get drained at same speed as the mavic's battery?
(extension battery charging the original battery while flying is probably not the best idea. Same as charging the remote while in use)

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun