DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I don't get it.. Why is this mod ok to talk about, while others are not?
i think all forums are talking about modding firmwares, not the product .......for now, like there are 2 firmwares that remove NFZ in mavic spark and phantom 4, that would alter products design , but not sure

So opting for 1200-1500mah which are the lightest? It seems that at these mah only lipo are available and not lihv!
I do not want to go over 280grams in total.

16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.

all newer drones work all on firmware not hardware like old NAZA based DJI, so the right mind can rewrite the firmware, i have heard people complaining about DJI privacy rules.... how you upload all your info to them like the cloud, and they just dont want to do that.......so.......just examples, but i think if you want to add bigger props or a better antenna, thats ok, i quess we all need a better explanation of the rule, so none of us cross that line,

most hobbies are about tinkering, and making a better mouse trap

Last edited:
Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Can you publish the exact volts you see after your runs so we can compare effectiveness? Thanks.
Just got back from a run and the flight ended with main battery on 8% and both outboard batteries were dead on 10.77 volts. I'd say I got the best out of those that time! Oh and flight time was 29 minutes.

Last edited:
Just got back from a run and the flight ended with main battery on 8% and both outboard batteries were dead on 10.77 volts. I'd say I got the best out of those that time! Oh and flight time was 29 minutes.

Which batteries did you use on that test run?

16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.

all newer drones work all on firmware not hardware like old NAZA based DJI, so the right mind can rewrite the firmware, i have heard people complaining about DJI privacy rules.... how you upload all your info to them like the cloud, and they just dont want to do that.......so.......just examples, but i think if you want to add bigger props or a better antenna, thats ok, i quess we all need a better explanation of the rule, so none of us cross that line,

most hobbies are about tinkering, and making a better mouse trap

What was the genesis of this rule? Did someone get hurt or sued? I totally get the NFZ safety concerns and support that, but I would like to be able to discuss if there is a software knob that could tune wireless settings, or a knob to change the LED patterns, etc, etc, etc. Me need some mo tinkering :)

Reactions: CyberNate
What was the genesis of this rule? Did someone get hurt or sued? I totally get the NFZ safety concerns and support that, but I would like to be able to discuss if there is a software knob that could tune wireless settings, or a knob to change the LED patterns, etc, etc, etc. Me need some mo tinkering :)
Yeah what he said!!

But modding the power system, playing with LiPo batteries is just fine. You know, for everyone's safety... The real reason for these things get kinda obvious after a while you know.

beanbubba you have any numbers to compare yet?

I have not yet tried a test run with only the soldered battery clip (I have been combining with the internal bypass). I will do one tonight and report back.

beanbubba you have any numbers to compare yet?

Wow! Two drops of solder makes a big difference. Flight time almost 31 minutes. Dual 1500 lipo's came back at 10.6v each (picture was a couple minutes after I attached the charger). Main battery at 7%.

For our friends that are not interested in doing record setting runs, I think the dual 1500's are right in the sweet spot. And if you can get the LiHv versions, even better!

I bet the battery bypass method can only perform incrementally better than the soldered clip. I will do the same run/test on the battery bypass after these charge up, then compare numbers.

drone-range-test-43.png drone-range-test-42.png
drone-range-test-44.png

Just about the same exact numbers I was showing after my run. Interesting. I don't see how the hard wired mod could do much better than this. Be interesting to see what the next set of numbers are.

Last edited:
Just about the same exact numbers I was showing after my run. Interesting. I don't see how the hard wired mod could do much better than this.

Probably not. I however am planning my next long haul range run using both the clip and bypass with a yet to be determined battery type/combination. Game on :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60