DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

it's all what makes the hobby that much more fun,trying to just figure it out.

A bit off topic, but since we have everyone's attention, I got this message a few minutes after takeoff on my last run and it never went away for the flight duration. Never seen this in-flight before, only on the ground next to big metal objects. Any ideas?

drone-range-test-45.png

A bit off topic, but since we have everyone's attention, I got this message a few minutes after takeoff on my last run and it never went away for the flight duration. Never seen this in-flight before, only on the ground next to big metal objects. Any ideas?

If this is with battery mods added? If so it makes a lot of sense. When you pull energy out of batteries they can become a huge source of electromagnetic interference. So your compass is likely confused since the EMI during flight does not match what you had during the idle power compass calibration.

16. For everyone's safety, we do not condone the manipulation of the manufacturer's software or firmware (software/firmware hacks), and may, (at our discretion), delete without warning any content that violates or promotes this type of activity.

all newer drones work all on firmware not hardware like old NAZA based DJI, so the right mind can rewrite the firmware, i have heard people complaining about DJI privacy rules.... how you upload all your info to them like the cloud, and they just dont want to do that.......so.......just examples, but i think if you want to add bigger props or a better antenna, thats ok, i quess we all need a better explanation of the rule, so none of us cross that line,

most hobbies are about tinkering, and making a better mouse trap

I have seen the dark side,,,,,,and its so wonderful, to bad we cant share this, i was wondering what they where talking about, so i searched and found.........wow i was correct, the same as NAZA, but A3, it all makes perfect sense now :rolleyes:
if you had audrino drones like i had, its only like having MISSION PLANNER

Last edited:
Reactions: beanbubba

View attachment 16689

What config you're flying? How much add on weight? Flight mode? Tilt angle? Wind?
I had the same last week. 5200 on the back, good headwind and flying 58km/h in p-mode;)...No errors with tailwind. This error came with too much tilt.
Edit: it showed up when passing 52km/h in headwind. Gone again below 50. Was reproducable during that flight leg.

Last edited:

View attachment 16689
I think CyberNate had similar and had to replace a compass.

I think CyberNate had similar and had to replace a compass.

First investigate the conditions and try to reproduce.
I could not reproduce it during the same flight in S-mode with much higher speeds.
It is possible the compass gets messed up with all the extra cables in there and the associated em fields.
Remember how many people got paranoid in the beginning because they thought even wearing a watch could mess things up? Look at some of our remotes now!! All packed with holders, batteries, boosters, cables! We re pushing things a bit.

What config you're flying? How much add on weight? Flight mode? Tilt angle? Wind?
I had the same last week. 5200 on the back, good headwind and flying 58km/h in p-mode;)...No errors with tailwind. This error came with too much tilt.
Edit: it showed up when passing 52km/h in headwind. Gone again below 50. Was reproducable during that flight leg.

Here is the flight and wind data. Using dual 1500 lipo on the side.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

drone-range-test-46.png

As a few others have done read this thread back to front and also used it as reference. Great thread!!

Well, I think I have taken everything on board and just about to embark on a test flight, short runs and within sight- 200 mtrs or so- see how everything works.

I have opted for keeping the adapter on at all times, If there is an anomaly between batteries or power used then I may have to go the route of whoever soldered the adapter to the MP's terminals.

Loving the dual lock product- Amazing!!!

Well here's a few pics of my bird...

Got Lipo's on at the mo 2.2mAh - but did also purchase some larger 4.0 LiHV's, but see how we go with the Lipo's first

.20170709_083953.jpg 20170709_083953.jpg 20170709_083943.jpg

Attachments

• 20170709_083935.jpg
    20170709_083935.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 137

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911