DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Aircraft Antenna Mod

beanbubba

Reactions
IF YOU ARE A NEWBIE AND LOVE TO MODIFY AND PUSH THE LIMITS, TAKE A COUPLE HOURS AND READ THESE THREADS START TO FINISH. IT WILL MAKE YOU A BETTER PERSON AND SAVE EVERYONE A TON OF REPETITIVE QUESTIONS.

Mavic Pro Battery Mod
Mavic pro battery & antenna mod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Official Mavic Range Leaderboard
Aircraft Antenna Mod
Mavic Pro Factory Battery Controller Mod
Mavic Weight Reduction Methods
Mavic Radio Mods Primer

:::

Had some spare parts and got a hair up my *** to mod some external antenna connectors. I have a half dozen different antenna types to test and compare against the factory antennas. And I have some circular polarization antennas on order and looking forward to those tests along side the Rexuav remote antenna. All these arrive next week and I will report back my findings.

drone-range-test-50.png drone-range-test-51.png drone-range-test-52.png drone-range-test-53.png drone-range-test-54.png drone-range-test-55.png drone-range-test-56.png drone-range-test-57.png

Last edited:
I have tried nearly every mod you could think of antenna and battery, on the P2,P3 and P4. Believe me, the P2 vision series, and the P3 standard requires modification on both ends. I have not found it to be the case even though I've tried, that light bridge on p3&4 benefit from any birdside modifications.
based on the fact that I have a screenshot of a great signal with stock Mavic controller and aircraft at 50,000 feet, something I could never do on any other DJI, I can't imagine a benefit of a birdside modification! That being said, your enthusiasm and curiosity Bubba is what keeps these threads alive, and I will be following along and wishing you safe returns. good luck and have fun brother[emoji41]

I just finished my first test flight and landing is interesting. It's a lurch forward just as you land to kick back the folding antennas and try not to crash maneuver.

Had some spare parts and got a hair up my *** to mod some external antenna connectors. I have a half dozen different antenna types to test and compare against the factory antennas. And I have some circular polarization antennas on order and looking forward to those tests along side the Rexuav remote antenna. All these arrive next week and I will report back my findings.

View attachment 16741 View attachment 16742 View attachment 16743 View attachment 16744 View attachment 16745 View attachment 16746 View attachment 16747 View attachment 16748

Yesssss!!! Thank you so much! Wanted to do this for a while now but never figured out which plugs to remove. So which one is the mavic tx antenna?

Reactions: Abbo69
So, if I'm not mistaken, inside those two antenna will be a normal 1/4wave antenna which is what the Mavic comes from the factory with. Plus now you have added the additional insertion losses of the additional connectors. Don't make much sense to me and by placing them side my side your probably adding rx shock

View attachment 16741 View attachment 16742 View attachment 16743 View attachment 16744 View attachment 16745 View attachment 16746 View attachment 16747 View attachment 16748
Also if it's known which antenna provides the downlink it can be boosted with a sunhans mini.
Attenuation would not be required i think (in fcc) since the remote also has the same ouput and tested to work well.

I just finished my first test flight and landing is interesting. It's a lurch forward just as you land to kick back the folding antennas and try not to crash maneuver.
Looks like you did an awesome job!! Looks great. You want another one to do??:)

Last edited:

Awesome post beanbubba. Nice work and your description of landing made me chuckle. Looking forward to your results.

Reactions: The Ghost
Don't think so. That actually would be better cause you could go from orig connector to booster to orig antenna. Just need 2 small cables to the power leads.

Great minds think alike (errr, or is that insane minds). I have a pair of the sungrams amp's on order that will be here next week.

And those that asked the question why do this mod with probably of a 99% chance of failure?? Because it's there and we can (uhh, and I took a week off from my day job) :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998