DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Wow! Two drops of solder makes a big difference. Flight time almost 31 minutes. Dual 1500 lipo's came back at 10.6v each (picture was a couple minutes after I attached the charger). Main battery at 7%.

I was wondering when some would figure out the point contact was a huge current heated joint.

I'm feeling ya, I'm not gonna rush into it not just yet,,,gonna continue to search the different threads until I get comfortable with adventuring out into deeper waters..lol

I highly recommend having a factory Mavic and your mod'ed Mavic (and a 3rd for parts) :)

This releases all the stresses associated with hacking your bird!

drone-range-test-66.png

A bit off topic, but since we have everyone's attention, I got this message a few minutes after takeoff on my last run and it never went away for the flight duration. Never seen this in-flight before, only on the ground next to big metal objects. Any ideas?

View attachment 16689

I think your sma connectors are too close to the rear compass/GPS module. You mounted the connectors immediately under that metal plate where the compass and gps are located in the rear top cover. You should check the sensor status where you can see the compass data. Compass data can be seen under aircraft advanced settings, sensors.

I think your sma connectors are too close to the rear compass/GPS module. You mounted the connectors immediately under that metal plate where the compass and gps are located in the rear top cover. You should check the sensor status where you can see the compass data. Compass data can be seen under aircraft advanced settings, sensors.

Thx for the tip Cybernate. I should be able to do initial tests later this week. Something tells me this is going to be a science experiment in finding what all this breaks.

nice work beanbubba!

question to you guys - some folks want me to do the dual battery mod for them on Mavic. What to you think is a decent price? Is $75 too much? For those who have done it, how much time/effort do you think its worth? Not trying to get rich, but don't want to short change myself. Thoughts?

nice work beanbubba!

question to you guys - some folks want me to do the dual battery mod for them on Mavic. What to you think is a decent price? Is $75 too much? For those who have done it, how much time/effort do you think its worth? Not trying to get rich, but don't want to short change myself. Thoughts?
$75 is too low. That's a significant mod. Maybe $125.

Reactions: digdat0
nice work beanbubba!

$99.98!!
Seriously i would not mind paying €100 for a decent mod. As long as it's done without breaking anything else
Though you should not be liable for small scuffmarks or magnetic interference.
I ve modded several remotes for free and all went ok. Only done it after owner accepted some risks involved.
For modding mavic id also ask a fee (for remote too nowadays, my time is limited)
since more risk and time consuming.
€100 is still cheap but do not want to make it too hard for fellow hobbyists.

Reactions: digdat0
@digdat0 :
Just for comparing..some ahhhollls making money just making single "changes" in ass2. Below is removing NFZ.
Screenshot_2017-07-11-22-14-54.png

Edit: I understand the urge to make profit but cannot deny this kind of opportunism makes me feel a bit somethingsomething.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azod.nem