DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Any of you guys ever got a critically low battery warning at 15% battery? I just did and I was still a mile out and the bird started to descend! I did make it home though with 11% battery. Strange that has never happened before.
The critical battery percentage is variable, based on your altitude. The higher you are, the more battery is needed to make it down at the factory descent rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Off topic for a second: I think I'm gonna have to re-think this RexUAV antenna vs NanoSync. At first I thought the Rex was out doing the Nano but now I'm having second thoughts. Here at my place out to 5 miles I can't tell one bit of difference in the two antennas. They both perform about exactly the same. Now unboosted the Rex was a tad better but not when their both boosted. Sorry just had to get that out of my system.
Congrats bud!! Have a beautiful day!
The above: i have the same with Nano vs Boobs. HD is slightly better on boobs but not worth sacrificing compactness. I use Nano as sole boosted now.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
I've been charging for the m0d. Just login to their computer, plug in their Mavic, open Assistant and console, then play, pause, and play and pause on DigDat0's video until I'm done! $100 the easy way! I don't even write the parameters down!

Of course I'm joking.
One of the reasons i wont be able to pay the ferry when i make the big journey;)

Any of you guys ever got a critically low battery warning at 15% battery? I just did and I was still a mile out and the bird started to descend! I did make it home though with 11% battery. Strange that has never happened before.

You can change the settings to a "non-DJI" battery and that will go away.

@MacLak- does the way you did the wiring work okay?

I love this idea and design. So smart and clean looking.
Yep. Disadvantage being that i cannot take the topshell off without dismantling the connectors. Have to re-glue them if id do so (and figure a more flexible solution).
Id also go for slightly thinner wires, these are the only ones i had at that moment.

Yep. Disadvantage being that i cannot take the topshell off without dismantling the connectors. Have to re-glue them if id do so (and figure a more flexible solution).
Id also go for slightly thinner wires, these are the only ones i had at that moment.
What size wire did you use MacLak? I would use 14 gauge myself.

I wonder if there is a better place to glue them? Maybe out the side on one side? Or one on each side on the lower shell?

That's not good. Can you send the Airdata URL?

Thank you..I used Servisol Adhesive on bottom of XT60 to seal connections.. I did use small amount of Araldite Rapid.. not metal..to fit XT 60 case to lexan clip..Then clip can be glued or double sided taped to inside main body, helps hold firm till wires are soldered..Top can be popped on n off if needed and still fits in my small hard case..All very tight as you know but it works . I think its important to have connections Well sealed .. also sealed my solder points..

Do you have more closeup pictures that you can share?

I wonder if there is a better place to glue them? Maybe out the side on one side? Or one on each side on the lower shell?
There is so little room inside there...1 on each side lower shell could work (right after front arm joints). I used top since i will mainly fly with 1 battery on top. No cables in the way of the props. The bottom mounting of battery i do not like since the heatsink can get really hot and also landing gets weird. Also ultrasonics are blocked and could result in sticky situation if autoland kicks in for a remote landing.

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras