DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I would use smaller cables too, 14 to 16 AWG (maybe even smaller) from the backpack battery because its not supplying ALL the current, merely contributing 1/2 (or a 3rd if using 2 extra batteries). It doesnt need to be large and the wires are only short anyway. I would also open up the backpack batteries and solder the same size smaller wires to the Lipos. Keep it all as light as possible.
I will be doing one of these mods just going to take some time to collect what i need.

@Masheen , Im not sure what you mean.

I agree with the smaller wire. I used 14 gauge wire and it's WAY too thick. Was a pain to solder it. I went ahead with it, but if I do it again I'll use a much thinner wire. I'd stick with XT60 just because the batteries I like to use come with XT60.

I should add, you really want to minimize additional weight. Having a smaller diameter wire will help.

Do you have more closeup pictures that you can share?
Do you have more closeup pictures that you can share?
hope this helps...pm me if I can explain anything...used card first to get fitment..brought wires out at 90* to bottom of XT very tight...turned pins to suit...once wires on plug glued to 2mm lexan ,used card to mark....push plug Up through lexan clip .once dry I put small dab glue on clip n sat in place on main body clossed lid n left to set.....I used clip to mark XT hole in top cover...always used Bulkhead as datum point.....once dry gently lift of lid n clip is held in possition, makes it easier to possition wires to solder...Hey you will know wot to do..It's a Tight fit between Ribbon cables inside but it just fits if careful....Hope this helps others....Would like to add this is just how I did it....other good ways on this Thread..just how it worked out for me..Cheers...
IMG_20170713_161535.jpg IMG_20170713_161347.jpg IMG_20170713_161926.jpg IMG_20170707_160939.jpg 2017-07-07_16_09_53.jpg IMG_20170707_161034.jpg IMG_20170713_161900.jpg

hope this helps...pm me if I can explain anything...used card first to get fitment..brought wires out at 90* to bottom of XT very tight...turned pins to suit...once wires on plug glued to 2mm lexan ,used card to mark....push plug Up through lexan clip .once dry I put small dab glue on clip n sat in place on main body clossed lid n left to set.....I used clip to mark XT hole in top cover...always used Bulkhead as datum point.....once dry gently lift of lid n clip is held in possition, makes it easier to possition wires to solder...Hey you will know wot to do..It's a Tight fit between Ribbon cables inside but it just fits if careful....Hope this helps others....Would like to add this is just how I did it....other good ways on this Thread..just how it worked out for me..Cheers...
View attachment 17191 View attachment 17192 View attachment 17194 View attachment 17195 View attachment 17196 View attachment 17197 View attachment 17198
Edit...I also filed solder joints Flat on bottom off xt60 ,just take off rough edges...also sealed all solder points with Servisol adhesive.cheers.

View attachment 17191 View attachment 17192 View attachment 17194 View attachment 17195 View attachment 17196 View attachment 17197 View attachment 17198

Nice work! Thanks for sharing, it is appreciated.

Got a set of 3000mAh Multistars coming in the mail today. Can't wait to give those a try.

You are going to like those 3000s. It is the best combination of flight time and performance. You can still fly 45mph and it handles well. Take off is a little dodgy as it wants to fly forward initially, but once in the air it does well. 4000s will give you a bit more distance/flight time, but the weight is too high and you have to fly more carefully. I like my 3000s for just cruising around in sport mode.

BeanBubba what you got on the bench tonight?

Finished testing all combinations of radio/antenna power in the "Aircraft Antenna Mod" thread. I figure Cybernate will be able to fly from San Jose to San Francisco and back with 5 bars the entire run :)

But I am working on a method to jettison one or more batteries to lighten the load and increase the overall flight distance, so we can match the increased radio reach.

Reactions: CyberNate
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916