DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Cybernate, could you please weigh your 4000 LiHv and let me know the grams? The web is full of completely crap weight measurements.

I have just looked back through a few pages to see where things are at with the battery mod.
There seems to be some nice mods among them.
Surprised not to see a battery itself modded unless it might be in previous pages.
Like a camel or double humped battery or even two moulded/glued together but sharing common output rail to mavic interior as normal. No hacking and attacking your mavic with this.
Will it work? Battery is cheapo now.
Also i was expecting to see some 18650s slung around mavics waist or stuck on top of batt and hooked up or hacked into power feed as well. Like a pouch you can just add 18650 into for instant hookup with up to 6 places.
Hope to see more mods soon. :)
What is 18650?
Battery mod attempts in previous pages yes, but no 2x mavic batt so far. Is useless really.

What is 18650?
Battery mod attempts in previous pages yes, but no 2x mavic batt so far. Is useless really.

18650's are the new AA battery in my opinion. They are in everything! From battery banks to cars! There's a guy on YouTube that recycles these from old laptops and powers his home with them.
e8393d8ac9dfcd72f9f985f0553afa13.jpg

18650's are the new AA battery in my opinion. They are in everything! From battery banks to cars! There's a guy on YouTube that recycles these from old laptops and powers his home with them.
Haha!! Figure this: got one of those (3.7v 3000mAh with 20A discharge rate)in my e-cig!
Hmm. 3 of these in series...?! Very small package! 135 g for 3pcs without cable..

I run the 52 18650GA cells on my electric bike. They have a higher capacity at 3450mah and I run 14s4p for 51.8v.

Love whats going on here, a bit late to the party tho.
18650s has been done, and depending on weight could be an alternative, they weigh about 50 grams each.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Also, why is everyone using the big XT60 connectors when space is so tight, its not drawing anywhere near 60A and there is a much smaller XT30 (mini quads use them) that would fit much better.

If a mavic hovers for 20 min on 3800mah, (rounded off figures) its only drawing 11.4 amps, and carrying another ~400gr of batteries might bring it up to 15-19amps, but still no need for the big connectors.
You would need to change the connector on the battery pack as well, but thats no big deal
upload_2017-7-13_23-30-58.png

Love whats going on here, a bit late to the party tho.
18650s has been done, and depending on weight could be an alternative, they weigh about 50 grams each.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Also, why is everyone using the big XT60 connectors when space is so tight, its not drawing anywhere near 60A and there is a much smaller XT30 (mini quads use them) that would fit much better.

If a mavic hovers for 20 min on 3800mah, (rounded off figures) its only drawing 11.4 amps, and carrying another ~400gr of batteries might bring it up to 15-19amps, but still no need for the big connectors.
You would need to change the connector on the battery pack as well, but thats no big deal
View attachment 17167
Yip I did think of these on my mod,gives more room...just thought xt60 better for cables used....

Reactions: RolandS888
Yip I did think of these on my mod,gives more room...just thought xt60 better for cables used....
I would use smaller cables too, 14 to 16 AWG (maybe even smaller) from the backpack battery because its not supplying ALL the current, merely contributing 1/2 (or a 3rd if using 2 extra batteries). It doesnt need to be large and the wires are only short anyway. I would also open up the backpack batteries and solder the same size smaller wires to the Lipos. Keep it all as light as possible.
I will be doing one of these mods just going to take some time to collect what i need.

@Masheen , Im not sure what you mean.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
I would use smaller cables too, 14 to 16 AWG (maybe even smaller) from the backpack battery because its not supplying ALL the current, merely contributing 1/2 (or a 3rd if using 2 extra batteries). It doesnt need to be large and the wires are only short anyway. I would also open up the backpack batteries and solder the same size smaller wires to the Lipos. Keep it all as light as possible.
I will be doing one of these mods just going to take some time to collect what i need.

@Masheen , Im not sure what you mean.
I did use 16 awg...and I agree XT30 is a nice fit between ribbon cables inside....I was tempted but chose the XT. 60... I am no expert so stayed cautious.....

Reactions: RolandS888
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lab916