DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

And I'm finally fought up on this thread.
Two of you go back and forth like a married couple filling the thread up, lol.
You know who you are :)
JK
hahahahaha

zarZYGa.png

Still waiting for my Titan Power order to ship :/

And I'm finally fought up on this thread.
Two of you go back and forth like a married couple filling the thread up, lol.
You know who you are :)
JK
Sorry.
It's not santa by the way. It's a gnome that goes by the name "Wesley". He's angry (sometimes happy to be alive, but angry in general), not scared. Never. Ever.

I don't think you guys ever seen my long range set up two 4 watts boosters
661bc244ea74ec05450feacac57ce5ad.jpg
247f40b2b5cbbca182ed24fd06e4703b.jpg
ef37489dd2318df983bc956b6cc4839a.jpg
04c01ee0fcec0f726d8f398e05cf2958.jpg
dude you got some hardcore setups there .. what kinda distances you been getting? thats a nice case!!

Where can I buy this batteries?

Can you send me a link to this batteries?

Is it necessary with a own charger for this batteries, I guess it´s not possible to charge them with a DJI charger?

You say that the extra batteries attached to the Mavic are charging the Mavic while flying. Is it then necessary with large batteries?

Maybe it´s better to connect smaller and ligther xtra batteries to the Mavic or do larger batteries charge faster?

Here is the link for the LG batteries: LG 18650HG2

The Titan batteries are sold out everywhere right now.

Why are people excited about these Titan batteries? According to their datasheets and tests are inferior to LG 18650HG2.

Notice how NCR18650GA (used in Titan) fails over 10 amperes draw while LG works even at 20Amperes.

LG%2018650%20HG2%203000mAh%20(Brown)-Capacity.png

Sanyo%20NCR18650GA%203500mAh%20(Red)-Capacity.png

For more details, read these reviews:

Last edited:
Why are people excited about these Titan batteries? According to their datasheets and tests are inferior to LG 18650HG2.

Notice how NCR18650GA (used in Titan) fails over 10 amperes draw while LG works even at 20Amperes.

LG%2018650%20HG2%203000mAh%20(Brown)-Capacity.png

Sanyo%20NCR18650GA%203500mAh%20(Red)-Capacity.png

What antenna were you using then?

Discharge (C rating) is not the only rating. There is also capacity where the GA have 3500 mah and the HG have 3000mah capacity. In a lower current draw application the GA cells are preferred, especially where we have cells in parallel configuration, cutting current draw in half across cells. If you used HG cells in the same titan pack configuration the pack would have a puny 6AH rating ;-).

Reactions: digdat0 and Ed209
When you forget to order the power supply to your new charger but you really really want to test out your new battery [emoji23]
bfd0022ca293df7a5aa65e8d4af71270.jpg
I applaud yoir work around, but let me share an easier one,
A Laptop power supply, always go for a laptop power supply first, it's easier, safer and almost everyone has one.
You might not fine able to change at 6A on the pack, but it will work at lower carge rates. A 24V laptop power supply giving 5.2A is a 125W power supply. Most of the charger like the trinity and IMAX will take 12V to 32V input. You probably have an old laptop you don't use, nowmuse the power supply for the charger. Or even good will stores I find them cheap.

Edit: And wow, are you using 12-2 or 14-2 home AC wire for that, lol.

Reactions: digdat0

• Titan's cell -
Because with more higher discharge you compromise capacity. Also higher discharge creates more heat if you keep them at the edge. I built a pack and had to make a choice between these two cells and went with the GA for capacity and the fact that my UBS power pack will never use the full total power output even with a Qualcomm QC 3.0 device.
The charging rate still allows me to charge my USB battery pack in 2 hours, and I have more capacity. It gets over 13Ah real capacity for this little USB battery that uses 4 18650 cells.
YZXStudio 8 Power Bank Review (4x18650) | BudgetLightForum.com

So in the correct configuration you can have a pack that provides the power needed without maxing it out and extend the life of the battery this way, and a higher capacity run time.
Also, LG is sort of new to the high drain 18650 cell game, they are probably just copying others chemistries at this point.Panasonic/Sanyo and Samsung have been doing it for a while. Samsung being one of the first with the 25R, or was it the 20R. Pioneer has the leading world class battery manufacturing plant and is in partnership with Tesla with the new plant making batteries for the cars for building the MagaWat plant.

I think the 18650 and Li-Ion battery chemistry game is pretty much maxed out at this point unless some new element is discovered to be used. We can fine tune the making or them, make the cells safer themselves without the need for the protection boards and make the 18650 detentions a little bigger. But no new breakthroughs has happen in the recent years after all lithium batteries have been under redesign since it was invented by Sony in 1901. Made to be somewhat concidered safe in the 1980s by Sony but then was the big recall of laptops. Made better over the years with different chemistries then more powerful for amperage constant peak power, and now we are at today for the most part.

It all about the battery for the application. And no offense, I would rather do my own testing then look at others reviews for real data. Some reviews are don't with cheap test equiptment, far out of calibration and I've seen some done wrong also.
I defiantly don't look at vape reviews even if they make pretty graphs because they rate them and run thenbayteries out of manufacturer specifications with some rating they call PULSE, I call it damaging the battery and waiting for failure. Just a matter of time.

Last edited:
Actually it's the IMAX B6AC that has a built in charger. They make it in a V1 or V2 now. The original IMAX B6 is now the V1 without the AC power and the V2 is the IMAX B6 Mini.
I own the original B6AC and the Mini for using it on car batteries on the go.

Edit, the AC is only about $15 to $20 more. It's just a preference on size for packing yoir gear when you do to the field.
I should mention the B6AC also has a DC barrel plug input for charging froma car battery or power lighter plug. If you open it up, it is just a laptop power supply inside the of it in addition to the original B6. So if you have one that stops working, try a DC plug power supply and you will know your internal laptops power supply died, they are easy to replace.

Last edited:
Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Actually it's the IMAX B6AC that has a built in charger. They make it in a V1 or V2 now. The original IMAX B6 is now the V1 without the AC power and the V2 is the IMAX B6 Mini.
I own the original B6AC and the Mini for using it on car batteries on the go.
Oh ok well I have the AC Version 2. I didn't know I thought maybe it had it already.

Oh ok well I have the AC Version 2. I didn't know I thought maybe it had it already.
The AC V2 is nice, it has the plug for a temperature monitor, and unlike the V1 the V2 has the temp sensor plug and a Micro USB port for computer hookup monitoring logging software and I think it can do firmware updates with the USB port. The micro USB can also be used for a wifi adapter to monitor charging remotely with an app on your phone or tablet.
It also can check the internal resistance of the cells to see if they are starting to fail or meeting the end of their charging cycle life.

You can update the firmware on the V1 with a third party firmware that dies allow for recalibration if you have accurate equiptment and check battery resistance, with a few other added features. But you have to do it with a USBASP programmer. It's not a plug and play update. I was going to do that, but then decide I want something smaller for the field and blight the V2 mini instead that has these features.
But like most all equiptment with resistors, escpecialy surface mount thin resistors will fluctuate and change resistance over a year and why test equiptment is calibrated every year. I think V2 does have a calibration option in the firmware.
So after a year of use you can check you battery after charging and make sure they are not over 4.2, of they are grab a accurate multimeter and do the calibration so you don't end up over charging a battery.

Then fake units seem to fail, don't have the calibration option, go off calibration quicker with cheaper resistors being used and other cheaper components, and other reasons I don't like the fake ones. Some will tell you they work, but they don't work properly and it's a big risk to burn down you home for saving $15 of you ask me.

Ok. I think that's most everything important to know about IMAX B6 and Trinity style chargers. I guess since people are getting into using 18650 for the mavic battery mod and I wrote about the batteries I should have also wrote about the chargers also.
Any questions, feel free to ask,
Scott

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez