DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Woah there! You need to recharge those external batteries before every flight. If you don't, there will be a discrepancy between Mavic battery and the external battery which will cause unwanted current toward the external battery, effectively charging the external battery at an uncontrolled rate. This is a bit dangerous.

If you want to match the Mavic battery properly, you should use LiHV rather than Lipo. The Mavic battery is LiHV with has a higher fully charged voltage at 4.35V per cell as compared to 4.2V for lipo. Additionally the LiHV have higher power density, so you can save weight.

What is LiHV? Thought these were LiPO? Written on it is Lithium Ion Polymer

NVM.. read the whole post this time :)

Last edited:
Just have Cruzroy's top mounted single clip printed. Must say, provided the plastic is rigid enough, there is not much chance it will come loose however... the openings on the side for the battery buttons are way too large so there is a lot of play. This combined with the mount not following the curve of the mavic battery causes play in all directions. Some rubber between mavic and mount is needed to eliminate most of the looseness. I still would not be comfy without a hook n loop around the mavic but the sensors have to be avoided. All these items combined i think i would opt for the 3M or velcro directly on the battery with a hook n loop. Saves weight of the mount, less parts, less failure. Curious how Natedoggz fitted this one..

Reactions: Natedoggz
Just have Cruzroy's top mounted single clip printed. Must say, provided the plastic is rigid enough, there is not much chance it will come loose however... the openings on the side for the battery buttons are way too large so there is a lot of play. This combined with the mount not following the curve of the mavic battery causes play in all directions. Some rubber between mavic and mount is needed to eliminate most of the looseness. I still would not be comfy without a hook n loop around the mavic but the sensors have to be avoided. All these items combined i think i would opt for the 3M or velcro directly on the battery with a hook n loop. Saves weight of the mount, less parts, less failure. Curious how Natedoggz fitted this one..
i have not had time to print one, but when i do i will check all dimensions, if you can send close up photos, i will do changes

bd8bc112d1a3093b8fa64e7c892966b2.jpg
3c9ac7d837767d511f39cd2b7157e1c8.jpg
8b48e21f630542573324c6a33c800a43.jpg
8064180dec9a5dd50ea575f4a4a5988a.jpg

It's a good start though

i have not had time to print one, but when i do i will check all dimensions, if you can send close up photos, i will do changes

It def is a good starting point indeed. I will make some detail shots tonight of it. In any case, even if it would be a perfect fit you need a 3rd attachment point on the mavic battery if used without a hook and loop or something. I d personally go for Velcro at the back of the mount but for wrapped mavics this is not an option.

3c0986e7799202e54057a151943c6b05.jpg
I like that too, I'm a car audio install fabricator, I'll take my rotorzip to that and make what I need, but cruzroy do you see the gap in the back, if that could hug more it would add the much needed support to the top mount battery position and the down the side type of mount, then you could leave the button openings alone as to make them not to tight to snap in place. Keep going I'm going to have to buy a 3d printer soon, lol shapeways.com makes quality products but expensive!

3c0986e7799202e54057a151943c6b05.jpg
I like that too, I'm a car audio install fabricator, I'll take my rotorzip to that and make what I need, but cruzroy do you see the gap in the back, if that could hug more it would add the much needed support to the top mount battery position and the down the side type of mount, then you could leave the button openings alone as to make them not to tight to snap in place. Keep going I'm going to have to buy a 3d printer soon, lol shapeways.com makes quality products but expensive!
try 3dhubs.com........way better pricing......and they try to use local guys near you, and you can pick material...

I like that, I think maybe more support on the top of bacpack, and again you goes are the best with helping too!

Now that's what I'm talking about! Cruzroy that is perfect, light weight and perfect support as the weight of the batteries will also hold the mount down.

try 3dhubs.com........way better pricing......and they try to use local guys near you, and you can pick material...
I've tried them and the quality of every piece I order from shapeways.com is phenomenal almost like manufactured pieces from dji, im working with them on exact red color or any color of my wraps, lol, the shipping is what kills me I need it fast, they are quite reasonable!

I've tried them and the quality of every piece I order from shapeways.com is phenomenal almost like manufactured pieces from dji, im working with them on exact red color or any color of my wraps, lol, the shipping is what kills me I need it fast, they are quite reasonable!
I agree, but the cost, ive done some stuff from them and they acetone and sand there parts, so it comes out great, but I design so many things I got my own 3d printer, and make and design myself......I got red, I will make a test Tuesday night and post it

Cool, me and another buddy of mine (who also has a mavic and a few rc cars) are looking for a nice 3d printer but so many out there and materials being used and size temps, any suggestions?

Reactions: tooFLYforayoungGUY
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661