DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

7dbb466bc606a1015b73423c22dea385.jpg

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
almost 32 min. w/ titan 7.0 (mostly hover)
main bat had 7 charges
ended with 3.50 average
titan ended with 3.72 average (checked right after flight.
main bat was pretty warm
titan was cool
this was w/ no camera

Well...There ya go folks! Without a camera too so less weight. Nice test DB. And still ain't even close to the "Miracle in Detroit" flight by @djhoodrich. The numbers aren't horrible but for the money there are better options. We're not even tapping into the full power of these batteries.

Last edited:
Reactions: digdat0
7dbb466bc606a1015b73423c22dea385.jpg

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones
almost 32 min. w/ titan 7.0 (mostly hover)
main bat had 7 charges
ended with 3.50 average
titan ended with 3.72 average (checked right after flight.
main bat was pretty warm
titan was cool
this was w/ no camera

By the way, how was it with it on the bottom? Was it hitting the ground when you took off/landed? I'm thinking of testing 2x MS 4000 taped on the bottom.

By the way, how was it with it on the bottom? Was it hitting the ground when you took off/landed? I'm thinking of testing 2x MS 4000 taped on the bottom.

when you have a MultiStar strapped on the bottom it just kind of balances on the square flat part of the battery. And I hand catch anyway. with that triangle battery, the Titan, I had to rig a little take off surface because it tried to Teeter

when you have a MultiStar strapped on the bottom it just kind of balances on the square flat part of the battery. And I hand catch anyway. with that triangle battery, the Titan, I had to rig a little take off surface because it tried to Teeter

Gotcha. Will try this tomorrow I think instead of side saddling them.

i'm still going to run a hover test with the 6.6 MultiStar later, I have a feeling pound for pound it's going to do better. And I'd rather use a battery thats tried and tested, the whole time this battery was in the air I just wasn't confident.
.20 is pretty standard in deviation from the main and the external, but my minutes immediately started out as 23 minutes and that's really no better than a main battery by itself, although it did manage to pull more minutes than that. I don't like externals that leave a lot in the tank, I had a couple different pairs of thunder powers that did that and they were just not good externals to use

Reactions: digdat0
Gotcha. Will try this tomorrow I think instead of side saddling them.

if you can fit them you can do both the 4.0's under there. I ran the 8.0 for a few flights and it flew great under there.
A 4.0 and 3.0?

if you can fit them you can do both the 4.0's under there. I ran the 8.0 for a few flights and it flew great under there.

I'm thinking tape the 4.0s together to form 1 brick then tape the brick like you have been doing.

0f48b840d0f0ca82904a6015a9d72fb1.jpg

here's the 6.6
pretty stable, plenty of air flow.
keep in mind I also wrap a piece of gaffers tape all the way around the bird, so you'll have to find your own creative way to secure it

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
This works. I put a piece of cardboard between the heat sink and battery. Rethinking that idea now...

439c9c04c72b3dfdc97dc123632fc70f.jpg

00a23789b5bf160cd2d747da19a2687a.jpg

5a9fef1bd6bbdc147b695cbd03e82d0a.jpg

d63541be29c742c08a8522c2bd4b1bd1.jpg

I'm thinking tape the 4.0s together to form 1 brick then tape the brick like you have been doing.

I taped the MultiStar 4.0 on to the end of an 8.0 like one big brick and it worked great on the p3 no cam. that should be very doable, pictures please

They weren't in stock when I ordered them. I do have 3.0 LiHV too.
I ordered a pair of regular 3000's before I got the LiHV's and if it weren't for the fact that they will work in my vape box I would give them to someone. There's just no comparison between the two.

I ordered a pair of regular 3000's before I got the LiHV's and if it weren't for the fact that they will work in my vape box I would give them to someone. There's just no comparison between the two.

So it'll be good to compare the 4.0 regulars to the 3.0 LiHV.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scott911