DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

That video he made with the propellers off I would have never thought of that he is the scammer
Darnation DJ! Just make another proper run with this thing and show us. This hole got too deep now. Open field, medium range, credible altitude, share ALL logs. That's it.
Edit: better make it last over 40 min.

Last edited:
For those waiting on their Titan 7, I received a response after sending a second email:
Thank you for your patience, we're sorry you haven't gotten an update from us. We're currently out of stock on this, but should be back in stock in the next few weeks. Again, you should have been notified earlier, so we're very sorry if that didn't happen.

If you're willing to wait we'd love to offer you free shipping [which amounts to less than $10 USD].

Thank you for your patience,

- Titan Shipping Team

So, unless someone posts a valid flight run near 40 mins, I'll probably ask for a refund.

Reactions: digdat0
For those waiting on their Titan 7, I received a response after sending a second email:

So, unless someone posts a valid flight run near 40 mins, I'll probably ask for a refund.

you should get a refund ranch, you can always re-order later, but these batteries aren't going to add up

Ranch are you in the US? I'll send you the other one I have... Ain't no use for me and I have enough ticking lipo bombs in my house! If you don't want it, I'll send to whoever else does.

That video he made with the propellers off I would have never thought of that he is the scammer

DJhood, ed209 IS a reputable member of this community as well as a long time reputable member of the phantom community, he has spent countless hours of his own time and money to perform multiple hours of tests both in the battery in area and the antenna area for this community. All of his reports have been fair,honest and detailed. there's a few of us like ed209 that I performed multiple tests and sacrificed many birds doing it and we have always been upfront with the community about what works and what doesn't. that's the definition of "reputable members". For you to call HIM a scammer makes me want to jump through the screen and show you what hood is all about. (not saying I would actually do that, because that would be a threat, and threats are not allowed on this forum. see I'm learning)
but seriously get real DJhood throw up a 40 minute flight traveling down the road at 100 foot alt. and we'll all say "all right man, sorry about that". but in the meantime Ed's test showed that it could be faked, and his log/data looked a lot like yours. He didn't scam nobody, he just threw another test out there. now get in the air son[emoji41] your move

Last edited:
Reactions: Ed209
hey thelightspeed, what actually makes for a member a reputable member anyway? Quick answer please.
it's kind of funny that just 100 post before this one YOU was calling BS on him, and then you write this[emoji41]

Well I was trying to give him a chance. Shortly after that post Ed made ground beef of him. Lol.

I'm sorry, DJ is a dummy

I emailed Titan on the 30th for an update to my order and received no response. I just called their number and I received their voicemail. If I can't get feedback via email or a phone call, I'm cancelling my order.
CC this guy and mention paypal dispute. they will get back in 10 mins .. [email protected]

edit: titan is out of stock and backordered if it hasnt shipped it wont until end of sept. i cancelled because of this, didnt wanna wait 2 months to test. if you cc trent and state you dont wanna wait they will take care o fyou

Last edited:
Full proof was meant for DJ only. He got himself into this, intention unclear.
I just rely on the integrity of members and they can continue to expect this from me.
Until now i have hardly posted screens or logs, only honest findings in detail. Man's word is a man's word.
Anyone with a spare 7000 Titan,post it to Maclak I Will pay shipping......no I don't have money....if Maclak said he gets an Hour then I will buy 6... AND I will Not ask him to Prove it. Just like to add if Ed209 says it no good I also trust this....

Last edited:
Reactions: MacIak
Ranch are you in the US? I'll send you the other one I have... Ain't no use for me and I have enough ticking lipo bombs in my house! If you don't want it, I'll send to whoever else does.
I'm in the US but if you're not having any good runtimes with it then it would just sit here. But thank you for the offer.

I'm asking for a refund from Titan Power. Here's my response to their email:

Considering the following:
  • I bought a product from your website, which was never once indicated as out of stock, on back order, etc.
  • The order confirmation never stated it was on back order, delays expected, etc.
  • It took my actions to get a response from your company.
  • You say you'll have some in stock in 'the next few weeks' which is not definitive. Weeks can easily be months.
Because of this, I am asking you to refund my order in the full amount in the next 24 hours. Any time after will result in me contacting PayPal to dispute the charge and notify them, as well as any hobbyist I can contact, about my experience with your practices.

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
I'm in the US but if you're not having any good runtimes with it then it would just sit here. But thank you for the offer.
OK I believe it has found a new home anyways. Just waiting for confirmation.

@maclak this is what I had and this is what I'm using now. I removed the 4000mAh power pack and installed a 6800mAh battery pack on the bottom of the amp box.

SAM_0149.JPG SAM_0154.JPG

I've received my refund and in the process, they acknowledged their faults in miscommunication. They also stated they'll be restocked in two weeks; but their site still says SEP, 2017. So kudos for making things right - but I would rather not wait for this battery to arrive given unsubstantiated flight times.

So it's back to square one - which again, I believe a board should be created for max flight times using X batteries. If we move forward with it, we should come up with a standard flight pattern, altitude, etc.

Reactions: Mavman and Pipes101
I've received my refund and in the process, they acknowledged their faults in miscommunication. They also stated they'll be restocked in two weeks; but their site still says SEP, 2017. So kudos for making things right - but I would rather not wait for this battery to arrive given unsubstantiated flight times.

So it's back to square one - which again, I believe a board should be created for max flight times using X batteries. If we move forward with it, we should come up with a standard flight pattern, altitude, etc.

I think it all depends on what your goal is. Since it seems hover times are usually longer than flight times, if one is looking for max loiter then a hover test would be best. For distance, we need a straight run. Honestly, most of the good folks here know how to test and know what can taint results. They also know what to do and what not to do in order to vet a battery.

I usually test mine at the park where I can fly large ovals. I found ovals are a good pattern to fly when you want to keep the bird relatively close. It also will return back results similar to a long range "out-and-back" flight since you are getting equal exposure to winds by changing direction. I got very similar numbers comparing the 2 types of flights. However, I'm not sure if we need a board or all that. I think the way we've been doing it in the past has worked pretty well. Some people make spreadsheets and share that which is nice too.

Well it all boils down to fun. We don't need any of this stuff to get right to it but it's all about having fun and I think as long as it stays in that realm and we learn a little along the way we have done well.

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv