DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

2nd run of 2x MS 3.0 LiHV. Better numbers. I guess the wind really takes a toll.
0vgNfhi.jpg

Reactions: ggg
that aint good DB. Try IMU calibration and see if it goes away. Otherwise, maybe Thunderdrones has a flight board on the cheap.

that aint good DB. Try IMU calibration and see if it goes away. Otherwise, maybe Thunderdrones has a flight board on the cheap.

yeah I tried that, but no go! #summer bummer[emoji41]
it was my own fault.

Reactions: ggg and Ed209
here's my 3 flights with the 2x3000mah batteries, Ed209 ..

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

I was able to get 30mins out of them without any issues. The one 40k flight i landed 29m55, but at 20% and looks really similar to yours for time, etc.

hey DB - i got you man. will ping you offline.

Thanks Dig. Yeah yesterday was really windy and I had never run a test of these batteries before and never really tested in higher winds. I've read how you guys said wind really knocks the crap outta the batteries so now I know.

Also, I'm not sure if it's because I am using a fairly new battery (7 charge cycles) but I'm not getting any battery errors when plugging in fully charged LiHV. I know with the P3 batteries it would happen on the more used DJI batteries...

@maclak @Ed209 @dirtybum guys, so I'm doing a mod to my Mavic. After so much deliberation. I'm curious if you can help me get started here.

What's the best way, single big battery? Two smaller? LIHV or LIPO?

Do I have to use 3S or can a 4s be used also?

I've followed along, but man trying to find the info is like an needle in a haystack.

@maclak @Ed209 @dirtybum guys, so I'm doing a mod to my Mavic. After so much deliberation. I'm curious if you can help me get started here.

What's the best way, single big battery? Two smaller? LIHV or LIPO?

Do I have to use 3S or can a 4s be used also?

I've followed along, but man trying to find the info is like an needle in a haystack.

Start off small. 2x 1500mAh or 1700mAh is what I started with. I still like flying with 2 or 3 1700mAh; those are lipo. I just started testing MS 3.0 LiHV and have gotten good results. Flies well too but wind takes a big bite out of your battery. You can only use 3S with a 3S system.

Reactions: TheLightSpeed!
Start off small. 2x 1500mAh or 1700mAh is what I started with. I still like flying with 2 or 3 1700mAh; those are lipo. I just started testing MS 3.0 LiHV and have gotten good results. Flies well too but wind takes a big bite out of your battery. You can only use 3S with a 3S system.

Thanks Ed! Is there reason I shouldn't start with one single battery instead of two?

Can you recommend a good charger?

I would start with dual 1500 or 1700s. They have a nice weight. That's just my opinion. Or you could go with 2x MS 3.0 LiHV. They are nice too. I can't speak for all the chargers out there. But I use a SkyRC D100.

Does HobbyKing always ship from Hong Kong? Or do they have warehouses elsewhere?

That's what most people are using. 2x MS 3.0 LiHV. or the heavy duty 4.0 LiHV. But I would start lighter if I were you.

Alright @Ed209 I pulled the trigger! One battery clip from the U.K., 4ea 3,000mAh MultiStar batteries (lipo) from HongKong, and one SkyRC dual charger from HingKong also!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rambezito