DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I see negative benefit from that setup. The external battery will parallel the internal battery in battery remaining percentage. If you drop the battery at the turn, it will have 50-60 percentage remaining. nothing gained. You lose by having the extra weight of release mechanism.

That is a very good point. But won't the overall battery drain be slower up to the turn? I get you will dump a battery only half used, but I suspect there is some math in here to net an overall increased flight time. Or am I completely of my rocker?

BTW - I just completed a proof of concept test:

That is a very good point. But won't the overall battery drain be slower up to the turn? I get you will dump a battery only half used, but I suspect there is some math in here to net an overall increased flight time. Or am I completely of my rocker?

BTW - I just completed a proof of concept test:

Might be wrong, but don't you need the battery on the way home more than the way out?

Plus, a lipo hitting the ground from altitude and/or I water could be bad.

Lastly I think you just wanted to use the word Jettison. Possibly one of my favorite words I don't get to use much.

I was able to redneck engineer a more reliable jettison configuration. I can start real flight testing now and find out if cybernate is right as usual and me off my rocker or if I can squeeze out 5-8 more minutes of flight time.

dronemods-093.png dronemods-092.png dronemods-091.png dronemods-090.png

Reactions: Japtastic
Reactions: digdat0
Can you let us know where this "jettison" of "said Battery" will occur? I'll grab it for you?

I am just going to do big ovals over my house and gently drop at the takeoff point, then go back flying ovals until forced RTH kicks in. Then measure all the stats.

Reactions: sprtbkrydr
Wow wow that's a lot of stuff on that mavic. But we need people like you to push the boundaries. Again and again great test I'm watching.... like if I haven't lol

Put a clip around battery to connect to your release so battery not swinging in air.

Just to confirm (also for @sprtbkrydr )
Flew for the 1st time since several days and tried the " non dji battery" thing. Down to 3% with 5200mah strapped. Flies all normal, no forced landing, not even beeps. Flight behaviour as in normal p-mode.

Reactions: digdat0 and Ed209
Just to confirm (also for @sprtbkrydr )
Flew for the 1st time since several days and tried the " non dji battery" thing. Down to 3% with 5200mah strapped. Flies all normal, no forced landing, not even beeps. Flight behaviour as in normal p-mode.

What kind of time did you get? Just single 5200? I was curious about this too.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead