DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Sorry, tiny bit off topic for quick question.

Anyone know what the black liquid they use inside the mavic to secure the internal cables and where to buy some?

I was preparing to load my iPad jettison test flights for airdata. I haven't used this iPad or my Mac since they both did a software update. Now in iTunes where you download the files, it doesn't show up anymore. Can someone verify if they can download go4 flights on their Mac/ipad running latest OS please?

What kind of time did you get? Just single 5200? I was curious about this too.
28 mins, i flew like ****. Compass errors into the wind, was careful.
This one is 60g lighter than double 3000.
How the **** is Singlag getting so much better times anyway? I used the same packs too, impossible to stretch it that long?!

Reactions: Rnl
Hey race fans! Learned something new today. You can not burn out a Mavic motor. It has a built in safe guard that will melt the motor completely from its from its moorings and then begins air cooling the motor on the trip to terra firma. It works quite well despite the collateral damage.

First lesson learned, 2x 5200LiHv + 105 grams of additional payload = self ejecting and motor cooling maneuver after around 5 minutes of flight. So we absolutely know where the outer limit is and can now back off to lesser weights and resume with testing. Good news is that I started flying with the gimbal cover since I busted the last one and it worked perfectly and sacrificed itself and the camera is intact. I am glad I preordered my additional parts mavic, will need it today.

I captured the crash on video for you morbid types:

This was my baseline test flight using a single 5200LiHv and the jettison gear installed.

08AUG2017 @ 1300 -6
Hover Test @ 3m with 1x 5200LiHv
18:20 @ 50% (simulated turn)
31:25 @ 9% (end of flight)
Internal @ 3.61 + 3.61 + 3.60 = 10.82
External @ 3.61 + 3.59 + 3.62 = 10.82
Airdata @ <ipad-itunes-thangy-is-broke-need-help>

The was the first jettison test with 2x 5200LiHv. The initial numbers were looking good on battery drain, but did not get enough data back to make any substantive analysis. For the last minute or so before it crashed, was getting max RPM warnings every 10 seconds or so.

08AUG2017 @ 1700 -6
Hover Test @ 3m with 2x 5200LiHv
05:34 @ 91% (end of flight)
Internal @ <need-airdata-working>
Topside @ 4.11 + 4.11 + 4.11 = 12.33
Jettison @ 4.13 + 4.12 + 4.13 = 12.38

Back to the drawing board and start experimenting with smaller battery combinations. I can't let cybernate win without more testing and destruction :)

dronemods-102.png dronemods-101.png dronemods-100.png dronemods-103.png

Hey race fans! Learned something new today. You can not burn out a Mavic motor. It has a built in safe guard that will melt the motor completely from its from its moorings and then begins air cooling the motor on the trip to terra firma. It works quite well despite the collateral damage.

First lesson learned, 2x 5200LiHv + 105 grams of additional payload = self ejecting and motor cooling maneuver after around 5 minutes of flight. So we absolutely know where the outer limit is and can now back off to lesser weights and resume with testing. Good news is that I started flying with the gimbal cover since I busted the last one and it worked perfectly and sacrificed itself and the camera is intact. I am glad I preordered my additional parts mavic, will need it today.

I captured the crash on video for you morbid types:

This was my baseline test flight using a single 5200LiHv and the jettison gear installed.

08AUG2017 @ 1300 -6
Hover Test @ 3m with 1x 5200LiHv
18:20 @ 50% (simulated turn)
31:25 @ 9% (end of flight)
Internal @ 3.61 + 3.61 + 3.60 = 10.82
External @ 3.61 + 3.59 + 3.62 = 10.82

The was the first jettison test with 2x 5200LiHv. The initial numbers were looking good on battery drain, but did not get enough data back to make any substantive analysis. For the last minute or so before it crashed, was getting max RPM warnings every 10 seconds or so.

08AUG2017 @ 1700 -6
Hover Test @ 3m with 2x 5200LiHv
05:34 @ 91% (end of flight)
Internal @ <need-airdata-working>
Topside @ 4.11 + 4.11 + 4.11 = 12.33
Jettison @ 4.13 + 4.12 + 4.13 = 12.38

Back to the drawing board and start experimenting with smaller battery combinations. I can't let cybernate win without more testing and destruction :)

View attachment 19342 View attachment 19343 View attachment 19344 View attachment 19345

Hahaha this is great! If you hadn't posted pics, vids and airdata I would have gone HOOD on you and debunked your claim! Maybe you should replace the mavic arms with carbon fiber or even aluminum. This way no melting and if you use aluminum, it will act as a heat sink.

Hahaha this is great! If you hadn't posted pics, vids and airdata I would have gone HOOD on you and debunked your claim! Maybe you should replace the mavic arms with carbon fiber or even aluminum. This way no melting and if you use aluminum, it will act as a heat sink.
I was thinking the same thing!! Does anyone know the outer temperature limits of the mavic motors (or similar motor) before they fail?

I was thinking the same thing!! Does anyone know the outer temperature limits of the mavic motors (or similar motor) before they fail?

No but you really should get an IR thermometer so if it does happen again you can jump in and get a reading really quickly.

No but you really should get an IR thermometer so if it does happen again you can jump in and get a reading really quickly.

I have a Flir One, not sure how accurate it is but will start measuring motor temps and see what I can find.

Hey veterans... on this last crash and several other flights I have noticed the front rotors are always hotter than the rear after a flight. On this last flight I purposely moved the center of gravity farther towards the rear to hopefully account for this phenomenon. After the crash, I couldn't even touch the front rotors and they must have been approaching flash point. Yet I could hold the rear motors without getting burnt. And this was a brand new Mavic that hadn't been frankenmavic'd yet and should be a good representative of performance results.

Does anyone have any data points or experiences on this topic you could share?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming