DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

Hopefully someone will chime in and offer you some help that knows how to fix it.

BUT, if I upgrade the bird and remote back to .1000, connect to the internet, and let the NFZ DB update, the bird flies again. But I could not find any procedure to back out of this and I hope some of the really smart people here figure it out.

BUT, if I upgrade the bird and remote back to .1000, connect to the internet, and let the NFZ DB update, the bird flies again. But I could not find any procedure to back out of this and I hope some of the really smart people here figure it out.

I am so sorry, I got off topic and didn't realize which thread I was in. The rollback thread is here and I won't get off topic again in this matter:

How to rollback Mavic firmware

I am so sorry, I got off topic and didn't realize which thread I was in. The rollback thread is here and I won't get off topic again in this matter:

How to rollback Mavic firmware

Short Answer-

Rolling the app back is easy.

Download "Charles Proxy"
Locate the version number of the app you want to get
Start Proxy
Download app from iTunes
Etc etc

There's lots of videos how to do this on YouTube

Ugggg.... doing flight tests tonight and this popped up on .1000 and I had a fresh new mavic battery and one external 3000LiHv via battery clip. This is a disaster and our days of mod'ing may be numbered with DJI.

Once you upgrade to .1000 there is no path I could find to go back.

dronemods-197.png

I don't know how to rollback the go4 app. How is this done?

It involves Charles proxy or fiddler. Digdat0 has 2 great videos which show you how it's done.

One of the more recent videos addresses possible issues which may come up with Charles proxy not intercepting the download:

digdat0

Hey experts, I did a quick 5 mile out and back run today and had moderate head winds outbound around 7-15mph. My local weather forecast looks to be ideal tonight with low wind and I want to make a long range run tonight. I am running with dual 3.0 LiHv's and made the turn at 58% battery and landed with 3.70v (18%) in the factory battery and 3.73v in the external 3.0 LiHv's.

My question to the experts if I get low winds tonight, at what point would you make the turn for a max distance run with this setup?

Also note that all 4 motors were the same temperature (by touch) after the flight and relatively cool. I am tempted to add a third 3.0 battery to this setup since I can't get the 4.0's. Do you think this would be too much weight??

My takeoff weight was 1240 grams.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

dronemods-208.png dronemods-207.png dronemods-206.png dronemods-205.png
dronemods-209.png

Last edited:
Don't mean to derail, but how does airdata get the wind speed?

What's your chances of recovery if you end up <1mi short on your return? As much tinkering as you've done, you owe it to yourself to go for the gold man :)

Don't mean to derail, but how does airdata get the wind speed?

What's your chances of recovery if you end up <1mi short on your return? As much tinkering as you've done, you owe it to yourself to go for the gold man :)

You have to pay the upgrade fee to airdata to get the windspeed. I forget the cost, but it was not much. And I have scoped out a couple ditch spots if I come up short. Cybernate is the expert in this and had some good advice.

You have to pay the upgrade fee to airdata to get the windspeed. I forget the cost, but it was not much. And I have scoped out a couple ditch spots if I come up short. Cybernate is the expert in this and had some good advice.

Any paid plan? They sent me a 20% coupon this weekend.

I just looked it up and it's $32 USD/year.

I believe, three is too much for the Mavic. 3x3.0's is what 600 grams?

I think the max is 2 x 4.0's is the max at 550-ish grams.

I also have 2 x 5.2's but I definitely am scared to try it.

I think one 5.2 would be perfect.

If I had two 5.2's I'd strap those babies on there tight and send her on her way!
Uggg, I just tried a distance run and it fell from the sky at 19% battery and 2 miles from home. Pretty sure the externals started charging the factory battery. Getting out the flashlights and hiking boots now. Glad I had my trackimo on it :)

I have basically bricked two birds and the only common denominator was the nolimitdronez mods. I have spent endless hours trying every possible upgrade/downgrade/revert/combination to no avail. I hope someone figures this out and posts the cure for this horrible condition. I am still relatively new to this forum, but this appears to be the most egregious DJI action to date. We don't talk about fight club and we can't even mention Voldemort's name so leave this comment be and do NOT upgrade to .1000 release at this time.

Which tool are you using to downgrade? Are you using DUMLDore (Windows) or DroneZBreak (macOS)? We have been able to downgrade from .1000.

I know that DUMLDore was recently updated to overcome the anti-rollback controls that .1000 put in place, but I'm not sure if DroneZBreak implemented that.

Uggg, I just tried a distance run and it fell from the sky at 19% battery and 2 miles from home. Pretty sure the externals started charging the factory battery. Getting out the flashlights and hiking boots now. Glad I had my trackimo on it :)
Dang bub! You got it back? Did you fly it with triple 3000? Did it just drop like that of some pre-notification of some kind?

Hey that sucks man! i hope you find your bird. I usually wont even bother trying a distance run if the wind is over 3mph. The Mav doesn't seem to handle wind well...Question: do you really need that amp on there? Mine seems to have pretty good signal out at 40000 as long as its in LOS with the controller. I'm assuming it will be good for another 10. I personally would prefer to take weight off this thing...

I'm learning... if it's going to charge the battery it's going to do it in the beginning

I let it fly for a few with the externals only... then I keep turning the battery on until I can see it's not charging for sure, then I take off.

My first time I turned it on and plugged them in and after a few minutes I realized the battery % wasn't moving? When it came down I could see it was off and only using the externals.

I think 1 5.2 might be the sweet spot?

I am going to look for it now. Here is the doomed flight:

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Whoooraa!! Found it. The hunt finding these downed birds is a lot of fun and the thrill of finding it makes up for the dread you had when crashing.

Trackimo is absolutely fantastic. I had to hop a barb wire fence and into a small grove of trees with my iPhone app and it led me directly to the bird within about 10 feet. It looks like the tree canopy broke her fall and I got her back home it fired right up! Here are the battery levels:

Factory battery @ 3.71v
Externals batteries all @ 3.73v

Can someone guide me on how to debug this to figure out why it crashed?

dronemods-210.png

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead