DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

CSpTvGc.png

These will arrive next week, and planning to test each one with a stock battery, and then both together with no DJI battery.

You may have found something better than Multistar LiHV 4000. It's lighter and more power. Nice! May have to get a couple of those.

cant wait to see your results lolo! please post.
Back when these came out I was very excited to try them because of how much lighter they were than everything else out there, even lighter than the multi stars, so I picked up pairs of 3.5 and 4.5 in 4S.
I tried them running saddle bag style on the P3 and the P4. and I'm sorry to say they absolutely sucked for me. Even with 9000 extra MAH I couldn't even get over 32 minutes on the P4 and they didn't do much better with the P3. I was so disappointed because they looked so promising, the problem is they never burned evenly with the main battery, they always had tons left in them and for externals that just doesn't work.
I currently am in the process of splitting them down to 3S. I wish they would've worked better because they're pricey[emoji41]
91da70643af270ddba6ee7556f080e53.jpg

Darn! Sounds like they have high internal resistance. Well that's no good.

You may have found something better than Multistar LiHV 4000. It's lighter and more power. Nice! May have to get a couple of those.

Darn! Sounds like they have high internal resistance. Well that's no good.

yeah you might wanna wait til lolo reports his results since he already laid the money down, they weren't cheap!
I'll test mine on the mav in the near future. I've just been sooo d**n busy.
i'll put it this way, they were so poor with the phantoms that I couldn't even sell them to somebody with a clean conscience so I kept them, actually I gave the 3.5's away.
One weird thing, the 4S bats had a 5S balance leads??? never made sense. i'll bet the 3S has a 4S lead

yeah you might wanna wait til lolo reports his results since he already laid the money down, they weren't cheap!
I'll test mine on the mav in the near future. I've just been sooo d**n busy.
i'll put it this way, they were so poor with the phantoms that I couldn't even sell them to somebody with a clean conscience so I kept them, actually I gave the 3.5's away.
One weird thing, the 4S bats had a 5S balance leads??? never made sense. i'll bet the 3S has a 4S lead

I had ordered them and now just cancelled my order. Yes, I will wait to see how they work.

Since this is kind of battery related, I've been trying to even out the RPMs between motors. I have a 173g 2200 pack that mounts up top, and I moved it rearwards and left, resulting in this graph. Hover, and then 8 M/s climb, switching to 7 and then back to 8. 3 motors match almost perfectly, but motor #1 always revs higher. To rule out the motor or prop, I installed brand new ones with no noticeable difference.

z3cFJ7c.jpg

Since this is kind of battery related, I've been trying to even out the RPMs between motors. I have a 173g 2200 pack that mounts up top, and I moved it rearwards and left, resulting in this graph. Hover, and then 8 M/s climb, switching to 7 and then back to 8. 3 motors match almost perfectly, but motor #1 always revs higher. To rule out the motor or prop, I installed brand new ones with no noticeable difference.

z3cFJ7c.jpg
forgive my ignorance but I noticed you have alltitude data from one log and RPM data from another, how and why did you do this, also your sampling rate seems much lower than mine. I can't get decent charts like yours for some reason. Thanks!

Wasn't intentional, just comparing 10 different flight logs. Are you downloading from the Mavics second SD card? If so, all the same data should be there.

Hey guys, anyone trying out battery mods, there are many now, ive tried a few with get success, and now i have a new idea..this one is 2 stock lipos together, this arrangement is called Connecting batteries in parallel witch means voltage will be the same, but twice the amps = longer run times

...please comment.......dont hurt feelings........LOL
1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG 6.JPG 7.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG 10.JPG

Reactions: Gh0stxSinghx
Hey guys, anyone trying out battery mods, there are many now, ive tried a few with get success, and now i have a new idea..this one is 2 stock lipos together, this arrangement is called Connecting batteries in parallel witch means voltage will be the same, but twice the amps = longer run times

11.JPG 12.JPG 13.JPG 14.JPG 15.JPG 16.JPG 17.JPG 18.JPG 19.jpg 20.jpg

Reactions: Gh0stxSinghx

21.jpg 22.jpg 21.jpg 22.jpg

Still messing with my battery power adaptor cruzroy, I have already tried that setup back in March the performance is worse

i wonder why............i quess the sanyo and panasonic cells are the way to go......have to figure out cell parameters...

theres a will there is a way....................remove stock board,remove dji cells and Incorporate 6S parallel sanyo cells 15a, there has to be a working cell, but have to hack params on cell deficiency so it dont go red before its time.......even when cell volt count goes down, those cells still have plenty amps to drive the mavic

Still messing with my battery power adaptor cruzroy, I have already tried that setup back in March the performance is worse

how so.....please explain....worst, did one try to charge other....thats common with lipo to DJI pack?? caz in theory, you just need to refuel the stock lipo with another power source, not to exceed cell count or volts

theres a will there is a way....................remove stock board,remove dji cells and Incorporate 6S parallel sanyo cells 15a, there has to be a working cell, but have to hack params on cell deficiency so it dont go red before its time.......even when cell volt count goes down, those cells still have plenty amps to drive the mavic
yea i was thinking it was a good idea but i have tried it as you can see but you can try it yourself you may get better results

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15