DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro braking?

Flyhigh1

Reactions
Just curious if it is normal for the Mavic pro when going forward full speed 15+ MPH and then hitting the brakes if it kind of goes in a circular motion briefly? I do have the brake set pretty high so it stops quickly. I assume it must do that because of all the momentum? Curious of what others experience. Thanks.

My MP stops without turning. By "hitting the brakes" you mean just letting go of the sticks, right? If so, perhaps one of the sticks is slow to return to center. You may also try calibrating the sticks.

One way to remove the sticks from the equation would be to fly fast and hit the pause button on the RC. This cancels all stick input for a few seconds and performs an emergency stop. It would be interesting to see if there is a difference.

Reactions: apeel
I do have the brake set pretty high so it stops quickly.

This might alter such flight characteristics.

I would go and test it again with your current settings, if it does the same thing with the circular motion . . . change it back to default, and try that same sort of braking in the same manner as tested.

It will become apparent if that is having an effect, and you can either reset braking high again and put up with it, or adjust slowly back higher until you are happy with the results.

Braking hard does heighten the risk of battery dislodgement in some cases with the M1P (and M2 range), mostly in sports mode, so do any harder braking with extreme care, and it might be good idea to put a velcro restraining strap around the battery / body of the aircraft for a little more safety.

Reactions: Drone-007
...Braking hard does heighten the risk of battery dislodgement in some cases with the M1P (and M2 range), mostly in sports mode, so do any harder braking with extreme care, and it might be good idea to put a velcro restraining strap around the battery / body of the aircraft for a little more safety.
I have heard the same thing about battery dislodgement but I would think breaking hard would force the battery further into the compartment, not fling it out.

The Velcro strap is a good idea. It would help in the event of a swollen battery.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
any sort of aggressive braking is going to have a possible damaging effect on the airframe in general
as it puts extra strain on all the components ,these drones are not racing drones they are mainly for photography
flying in an aggressive manner of any sort will shorten their life expectancy

Hi. You have to remember that there have been a few instances of our birds loosing there battery when coming to a sudden or hard stop, I cant remember why but a lot of us have bought a strap that secures the battery nice and tight, there are changes you can make in the controllers settings to control how the bird responds.
Happy flying.

Reactions: Peter VS
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronewithdeshaun