DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Camera not focusing

squiddley66

Reactions
ok Im probably like a bunch of others on here, bought a used mavic pro of someone told he never had a problem with focusing issues, I got it first thing I did was update the firmware, then noticed camera wasnt focusing tried resetting the camera did IMU calibration, did all the usual steps to try and get it to focus, sometimes I can turn it on it works the next time as soon as you turn it on its out of focus, was thinking maybe it was the firmware so rolled the firmware one back turned it on crystal clear, then the next day turn it on not in focus again, Ive tried everything possible so thinking its going to have to be sent in, anyone else have this problem and sent it in and what DJI found out was the problem? Im just btrying to figure out roughly what maybe it might cost for this issue to have it fixed...

You do know the mavic pro is a "touch screen" to focus device?

mine does this to, some times in the middle of a panorama she would not focus, i dunked my mav in the water in feb and she hasnt been the same since,,,,, some days she works fine and the next she stops focusing or even get the black screen a few times, i calibrated my rc as i got the "wheel error" and i slowed down my gimble speeds and i turned off the go past horizon feature, knock on wood so far so good,,,,,

Have you tried the manual focus?

Hi I sent it in and they replaced the camera and gimbal
  • How come you were able to send it in if you initially got it used?
  • Was the focus out in all of the frames or just on edges/other?
I have out of focus on my (bought used with no receipt) MP but only on 1 edge. Is ok when refocussing.

No mine was blurry all the time as soon as I turned it on ...you can send it in to dji even if you have no warranty they will just charge you to fix it
I have out of focus on my (bought used with no receipt) MP but only on 1 edge. Is ok when refocussing.

No mine was blurry all the time as soon as I turned it on ...you can send it in to dji even if you have no warranty they will just charge you to fix it
hmm! looks like I may as well live with it, I guess I could almost get a MA for the price of new gimbal/camera that works but with only a slight inconvenience which I'm not sure is faulty anyway!

Same problem. Happens regularly every 2 or 3 flights — starts fine, then everything blurs out and never gets sharp again with autofocus OR manual. Plenty of light, crisp lines for lens to pick up, still not possible. On manual tried entire dial and everything is blurry, even pulling out wide to infinity. Super frustrating when traveling and only get a quick window to fly and come away with nothing!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser