DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Catch handle

msenjur

Reactions
Hello!

I have been a bit sailing this weekend, and i found out, that it is quite dificult to hand land when sailboat is sailing. I cant stop the boat, but mavic has to land.

So i found this catch handle. But i cant found it on amazon or somewhere else...

Does any of you have this handle? is it functional as it should be?

a4938a3b64467839fe5db6154001cde1_preview_featured.jpg

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
If you are brave enought to launch/land on your ship as it is in motion (EEK!), you might find this
a better option?????
Just grab it from underneath as it's pacing your craft...
But please, send us a video of the launching and "landing" process....

upload_2018-9-4_11-26-14.jpeg

yes i wish someone would recorded me, but they were all to busy with observing! :)

launching is easy...

phantom is much easier to catch for its legs...

Last edited:
Hello!

I have been a bit sailing this weekend, and i found out, that it is quite dificult to hand land when sailboat is sailing. I cant stop the boat, but mavic has to land.

So i found this catch handle. But i cant found it on amazon or somewhere else...

Ha Ha. Looks like a really really happy Mavic! Yeah, it is glad to see me!

Hello!

That looks like a great solution for what you're talking about!

I love it when people find simple and highly effective solutions to their issues like that!

Can you share a link to it?

looks like it is 3d printed. great idea though,,,, i bet we some something on the market now! ,,,,, that wont interfere with the vps

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
it is 3d printed. but i cant find product on market. only blueprints if i want to made it by myself.

im working on some other combination...

yes i wish someone would recorded me, but they were all to busy with observing! :)

launching is easy...

phantom is much easier to catch for its legs...

Nicely done. I've yet to try it on my own from my boat. You have inspired me though.

I assume you've see this from the Volvo Ocean Race:

Thanks for posting.

I tried to attach a handle recently. It was extremely light weight. Regardless, the Mavic vibrated badly. I had that issue once with water pontoons but when I turned "Landing Protection" off it abated. Not true for the handle. Is your flight stable?

If you are brave enought to launch/land on your ship as it is in motion (EEK!), you might find this
a better option?????
Just grab it from underneath as it's pacing your craft...
But please, send us a video of the launching and "landing" process....

View attachment 45252
I think this might be a joke but can't tell. New pilots, don't attempt to catch your Mavic with a grabber like that. It won't go well.

Plenty of professional sailors launch and catch drones from boats. It's not a problem if you do it smartly. Google 'Volvo Ocean Race Drones' for some excellent videos.

I tried to attach a handle recently. It was extremely light weight. Regardless, the Mavic vibrated badly. I had that issue once with water pontoons but when I turned "Landing Protection" off it abated. Not true for the handle. Is your flight stable?

which handle did you use?

which handle did you use?

I have this. The frame is from a water pontoon product I found on Amazon. The handle is a GoPro handle from Amazon also. The total weight of both is 3.9oz. It's really lightweight. Nothing blocks any of the downward sensors. The pontoons were not on the frame. I just used the frame to attach the handle.

Pontoons: Amazon.com: Waymine Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Drone Landing on Water Parts Extended Landing Gear Skid Training w/Floating Bobber: Electronics
Handle: Amazon.com : Mystery Waterproof GoPro Handheld Underwater Sport Selfie Stick Monopod Pole Floating Hand Grip (Handle Grip) Diving Handle Tripod Mount for GoPro HD Hero SJCAM AKASO Geekpro Xiaomi Yi Action Cameras : Camera & Photo

Attachments

• Handle.jpg
    Handle.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 121
Reactions: BossBob
I have this. The frame is from a water pontoon product I found on Amazon. The handle is a GoPro handle from Amazon also. The total weight of both is 3.9oz. It's really lightweight. Nothing blocks any of the downward sensors. The pontoons were not on the frame. I just used the frame to attach the handle.

Pontoons: Amazon.com: Waymine Compatible with DJI Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Drone Landing on Water Parts Extended Landing Gear Skid Training w/Floating Bobber: Electronics
Handle: Amazon.com : Mystery Waterproof GoPro Handheld Underwater Sport Selfie Stick Monopod Pole Floating Hand Grip (Handle Grip) Diving Handle Tripod Mount for GoPro HD Hero SJCAM AKASO Geekpro Xiaomi Yi Action Cameras : Camera & Photo
A handle chould also have a built in emergency marker and recovery buoy.

is the handle stable? did you try to shake it a bit? a kind of doubt this click
-on things when i cant afford that accessory failed in its purpuse...

is the handle stable? did you try to shake it a bit? a kind of doubt this click
-on things when i cant afford that accessory failed in its purpuse...
Yea, if I recall it's pretty firm. I'll play with it more and see if it's causing some wobble due loose fit. You bring up a good point though.

so, is there any new catch handle for my drone? sailing week is coming up soon... i need something to catch my drone...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChickenOverload