DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Charger hitting 149 F or 65C

E92Vancouver

Reactions
Just pulled the pin on a Mavic Zoom. I am charging the batteries and the charger is running real hot. 149F or 65C as per my temperature gun. Is this thing going to burn down my house?

This thing ain't going to last.

Okay. Another poster recommended to charge the RC separately which I have done. I have put the charger on a soup bowl in case in catches fire and to allow air to circulate. Temperature is now down to 125F.

Now down to 118F while charging battery number 2. There you have it. The charger is not designed to charge both the flight battery and RC at the same time.

Many of us have encountered the same problem
It seems that only solution is to charge everything separately

RC can take about 3 full flights before it needs to be charged again and you can always use phone charger to charge RC while DJI charger charges batteries

Reactions: E92Vancouver
It's perfectly fine, they all heat up like this and in 2+ years I've never read of anyone reporting a single failure.
Charging both at the same time is fine. The temp reduction you see is just becasue as a battery gets full its charge current goes down, so unrelated.

Last edited:
Reactions: E92Vancouver
It's perfectly fine, they all heat up like this and in 2+ years I've never read of anyone reporting a single failure.
Charging both at the same time is fine. The temp reduction you see is just becasue as a battery gets full its charge current goes down, so unrelated.
The charger does not heat up so much if it charges only one thing at a time

Is it fine to charge two things at a same time? Probably yes, but you have to be willing to live with the heat that charger produces at that time and many don't like that
Me included

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom