DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro choppy playback

Geodiver

Reactions
Has anyone encountered choppy play back when played on pc. Seems fine on go 4 app. Was not like this originally, was perfectly smooth.? I have tried multiple new cards but have not tried original firmware downgrade.

What video resolution and frame rate (fps), i.e. 1080p, 2.7K, 4K? Is it possible that changed in your camera settings? It's not uncommon to have a smartphone capable of 4K playback, but a desktop or laptop PC that can't. What do you mean by "new cards"?

Has anyone encountered choppy play back when played on pc. Seems fine on go 4 app. Was not like this originally, was perfectly smooth.? I have tried multiple new cards but have not tried original firmware downgrade.

What you see in the app is the lower resolution video that was transmitted back to your device. What you transfer off the card is considerably higher quality.

Try using the VLC media player, which is free and plays most anything.

Apart from that, it would help to know what resolution and frame rate you're recording in, as we all as some specs on your computer.

What video resolution and frame rate (fps), i.e. 1080p, 2.7K, 4K? Is it possible that changed in your camera settings? It's not uncommon to have a smartphone capable of 4K playback, but a desktop or laptop PC that can't. What do you mean by "new cards"?
I purchased two new micro sd cards, the first was a 128 gig card of which I called dji directly to verify the read write specs before I bought it.? Then an even faster 64 gig card thinking maybe the media was lagging..... not so.? Problem is there even with the original 16g card now.? I’ve compared to the original videos I took, and it’s definatly choppy in comparison. I thought it maybe was simply a busy pc processor, but originals still look amazing.

What you see in the app is the lower resolution video that was transmitted back to your device. What you transfer off the card is considerably higher quality.

Try using the VLC media player, which is free and plays most anything.

Apart from that, it would help to know what resolution and frame rate you're recording in, as we all as some specs on your computer.
I am using 4K 24 frames a second, windows 7 machine, and windows 8 on laptop.

You'll need big computing processor power and a decent a decent graphics card in your PC and plenty of RAM or your video footage will be choppy/freeze. The bigger the better for 4K. i7 processor should work fine.

You'll need big computing processor power and a decent a decent graphics card in your PC and plenty of RAM or your video footage will be choppy/freeze. The bigger the better for 4K. i7 processor should work fine.

If this is a desktop PC, then just an inexpensive but adequate graphics card may be all that's required to smoothly playback 4K. I bought a 5+ year old used Nvidia graphics card for $20 that did the trick. Faster main CPU and lots of system RAM will support faster render times for video editing.

Are you playing directly off the card or have you transferred the file to the hard drive of the computer? If it’s the former, I suggest you try the latter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zephaniah2001