DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Controller disconnects from the Phone (S8) Mid-flight!!!

Mhondo

Reactions
Scenario: I was flying my MP 200 meters out when suddenly my video feed went out and grayed out all the telemetry is also N/A, there's a message "Aircraft Disconnected" but I can still see all the telemetry from the controller itself, meaning controller is totally fine. I am using S8 and DJI Go App 4.2.14 firmware and never had this issue with DJI go app 4.2.12 before.

The good thing was the AC is in my LOS and I can maneuver it back to me but before deciding to land it, I flew it near to me within 18 meters so that I can troubleshoot it what went wrong and what to do next time it happen again.

While the Mavic Pro is flying:

1. I closed my DJI go App from my phone, even going to App application in S8 to totally force close the DJI Go App. then I tried to open the DJI Go App again but result was same and the Phone couldn't established connection again. (I’m just stuck in the DJI Go App home page and there were no "FLY button")

2. I closed my DJI go App from my phone, even going to App application in S8 to totally force close the DJI Go App. then remove my S8 from the controller unplugged the USB and plugging it back and run the DJI Go App again for the second time, and the result was the same, can't established connection with the controller. (I’m just stuck in the DJI Go App home page and there were no "FLY button") tried replacing the cable using the original cable for S8 and use the normal USB of the RC. same result

3. I land my Mavic Pro and switch it off both AC and RC. Then Switch On AC first then RC with the Phone S8 plugged in to Micro USB (Side of the RC) and the result was all good and established connection perfectly.

If number 3 is the solution then it’s definitely not advisable to do it while your MP is really far out and without LOS. If you restart your RC then the MP will initiate RTH while you try to regain the connection of your phone to your RC.

Anybody experienced the same thing? Any inputs on this please.

If I can only see the LOGS of the RC....

Attachments

• issue 1.JPG
    issue 1.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 45
  • issue 2.JPG
    issue 2.JPG
    100.4 KB · Views: 40
  • issue 3.JPG
    issue 3.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 39
When this happened to me, if I remember correctly, even powering the RC off and back on did not reconnect it. Only when I shut the AC off and back on did I get video feed back up.
Steps taken:
1. Unplugged and plugged in. Nothing
2. Restarted DJI app. Nothing. Restarted whole phone. Nothing.
3. Landed the drone and turned off RC and back on. Nothing
4. Turned off AC and back on, reconnected.

Hi Nick,

i think mine is the same, i didn't manage to switch off my RC and try while the MP is still flying.we both have encounter the same issue. now the question, are you using IOS or Android and what model of phone and firmware of the DJI Go App u were usuing?

Same here but with my mate 10. I guess the app. Or they should update the fw to adapt to a newer app.

You can overthinking everything else as you wish, and sometimes that something else is/are the issue.
BUT, have you ever thought the RC USB connector (or phone connector) might be the issue. Just get a bottle of compressed air to clean these connectors and test out carefully afterward.

You can overthinking everything else as you wish, and sometimes that something else is/are the issue.
BUT, have you ever thought the RC USB connector (or phone connector) might be the issue. Just get a bottle of compressed air to clean these connectors and test out carefully afterward.
Could be even simpler than that. Mine disconnected mid flight once, because the cable was literally disconnected. Not like hanging out, but it wasnt snapped in all the way. Sometimes you kind of have to smash it a bit with phones that use a usb-c connector

Could be even simpler than that. Mine disconnected mid flight once, because the cable was literally disconnected. Not like hanging out, but it wasnt snapped in all the way. Sometimes you kind of have to smash it a bit with phones that use a usb-c connector
You got my point.

It's the cable, If you are using the JUNK flat cables that come from DJI with the mavic series drones, the ones that plug in to the side of the controller, you have found your problem. Throw those junkers out and use a good cable (the one that came with your phone) and hook to the controller at the bottom USB. Problems of disconnect will go away.

It's the cable, If you are using the JUNK flat cables that come from DJI with the mavic series drones, the ones that plug in to the side of the controller, you have found your problem. Throw those junkers out and use a good cable (the one that came with your phone) and hook to the controller at the bottom USB. Problems of disconnect will go away.

ok will try out the cable that came with the S8 and will monitor if its going to happen again

if the cables is the issue then by right once i unplug and plugged in back it should work right?
but NO it never got connected back again even if i restart the app, unless i restart the AC and RC

Reactions: EsiMavic
When this happened to me, if I remember correctly, even powering the RC off and back on did not reconnect it. Only when I shut the AC off and back on did I get video feed back up.
Steps taken:
1. Unplugged and plugged in. Nothing
2. Restarted DJI app. Nothing. Restarted whole phone. Nothing.
3. Landed the drone and turned off RC and back on. Nothing
4. Turned off AC and back on, reconnected.
you mean restarting the AC will only help to reconnect back the Phone? i i will sure to try it out next time it happen as of the moment since 8 May 2018 and until now only twice it happened. but i am having second thought to go far nowadays thinking that it might happen again

you mean restarting the AC will only help to reconnect back the Phone? i i will sure to try it out next time it happen as of the moment since 8 May 2018 and until now only twice it happened. but i am having second thought to go far nowadays thinking that it might happen again

Yes, my phone only reconnected when the AC itself was restarted. This was not a simple RC to phone disconnect issue, because all of my steps of checking the plug and restarting the DJI app/phone itself would have solved it. Nor was it a total unpairing, because I was still able to control the craft, I just had no video feed. This was a transmission issue, somehow the data transmission had entirely stopped, which is why it makes sense that even turning off the RC didn't help.

Yes, my phone only reconnected when the AC itself was restarted. This was not a simple RC to phone disconnect issue, because all of my steps of checking the plug and restarting the DJI app/phone itself would have solved it. Nor was it a total unpairing, because I was still able to control the craft, I just had no video feed. This was a transmission issue, somehow the data transmission had entirely stopped, which is why it makes sense that even turning off the RC didn't help.
i understand, so now this issue is now even serious because it involves the AC already. meaning all devices are involve. i was thinking maybe between Phone to RC only but i realize you are correct. oh no.. could it be firmware?

but when you plug it back to the RC did u get any video feed back?

if the cables is the issue then by right once i unplug and plugged in back it should work right?
but NO it never got connected back again even if i restart the app, unless i restart the AC and RC
Mine I should restart the mp and rc several times just to get a connection :(

Before the update of fw on my mate and the app I don't have any problems. I guess the combination of my new fw on app and my upDated fw of the mate 10 causes the disconnection :(

Mine I should restart the mp and rc several times just to get a connection :(
No,plugging in a bad cable that allowed the disconnect to happen will not fix it, or re-connect. Just use your cable that came with the phone and plug it in to the USB on the bottom of the controller and you wont have to worry about re-connecting, because it wont disconnect anymore.

No,plugging in a bad cable that allowed the disconnect to happen will not fix it, or re-connect. Just use your cable that came with the phone and plug it in to the USB on the bottom of the controller and you wont have to worry about re-connecting, because it wont disconnect anymore.
Not if you have tiny bit of lint stuck in the connector

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661