DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro controller GL200A not powering or from battery and charging battery

petr22

Reactions
Hi, does anyone have experience with following problem, please ?

GL200A controller is not charging any battery, show "CHARGING", but stay at 1% and it cannot
be powered from battery.

- same battery work in Mavic Air controller and can be charged
- none of the batteries is discharged (fully charged in Mavic Air controller)
- cannot be powered from battery
- can be powered with any USB charger or computer USB port
- can be powered with USB when battery is disconnected from PCB and show same 1% charge without battery
- when powered by USB port, works normally (without possibility to connect phone as USB is already used)
- can be connected to computer, show latest firmware version in DJI Assistant 2
- firmware cannot be refreshed or downgraded, as battery level is at 1% (bellow required 50%) with charged battery
- new battery have same problem, therefore it is not bad battery
- USB port is not damaged
- there is nothing visible burned or damaged on any PCB inside

Is there some component on PCB which can usually cause this problem ?
Is there a way to measure, log or analyze where problem can be ?

As charging electronic is part of battery, it look like battery do not provide any power
to controller and controller electronics dont see battery. There should be faulty component
on PCB, but which one ?

Last edited:
Check the battery connector on the main IC board.

Maybe there are some bent or broken pins, there should be 6 upright pins

1596685355969.png

Have you tried powering the RC from the side micro usb port and using the main usb port on the bottom of the RC to connect to the phone.

Battery connector on PCB is not damaged (at least not visible damage).

Yes, using bottom USB port to connect phone works - battery controller shows
1% with any battery and with battery disconnected from PCB.

When powered from side USB, controllers is fully functional - except controller
is not exactly happy when top cover is removed and it miss its sticks and beep.

Battery connector on PCB is not damaged (at least not visible damage).

Yes, using bottom USB port to connect phone works - battery controller shows
1% with any battery and with battery disconnected from PCB.

When powered from side USB, controllers is fully functional - except controller
is not exactly happy when top cover is removed and it miss its sticks and beep.

Try a RC reset
  • Turn on the controller, the aircraft should be off.
  • Press C1, C2, and shutter (top right button nearest antenna) on the controller and hold for about 2 seconds or so until it beeps (D-DDD), then turn the controller off.
  • Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

Looks like I found the problem - battery connector is propably shorted.

There is conductivity between red and black wires and these silver pads near battery connectors - are these battery voltage
measure points ? These are connected together too.

Same wires on Mavic Air controller battery connector shows no conductivity (there are no silver pads).

There is conductivity between red and black wires and these silver pads near battery connectors - are these battery voltage

Same wires on Mavic Air controller battery connector shows no conductivity (there are no silver pads).
Could you post a picture please and report on solution?

There is single IC connected to battery red wire, therefore short to ground should be in this IC (or that resistor/capacitor between, but IC is more propable cause) :

gl200a.jpg

Conductivity between + and - while it could, does not necessarily mean a short or other problem. Charging circuits often have diodes across the 2 terminals or use other components that will show some signs of conductivity. Did you try your meter in both directions across the battery terminal? We’re the results the same with meter set on very low ohms (or diode test)?

hello, I have the same issue probably,
Impossible to power on /turn on the controller.
Please @petr22, could you tell me what happen with your controller when you try to plug on the 6wires connector ?
On youtube videos when guys plug this connector on, the screen displays the % of battery a few second. on my side when I plug it, nothing happens.
I done a post : mavic pro controller does not start anymore but no answer for now.
Please, if you have any solution, could you tell me ?
on my side I'll do the same.
Thank you for your help.
Jérôme

When battery connector is plugged in, nothing happen as there is shortage between
red and black battery wires - there is no shortage on other controller, therefore it is
a fault. Smart battery detect this shortage, otherwise we will see, hear and smell it.

All batteries are fully charged in other controllers.

Controller can be powered only by micro USB on side and USB on bottom and work normally,
but cannot charge battery and does not detect battery (display 1% and charging forever)

Spare part is on the way to resolder IC on picture above. Several people look at photo
and pointet to thit IC as cause of short, as there is nothing else connecting both red and
black wires to create short.

In your case, it could be dead battery, not faulty controller - I have other controllers and batteries,
therefore I am sure my problem is not caused by battery.

Mavic Pro controllers have nasty habit to discharge battery bellow 1% - it may kill battery over
longer time of not charging, like half a year or longer.

Thank you Petr22 for your quick answer.
My battery is a new one, so I'm pretty sure it's not a battery issue.
Where have you order the spare ?

It is cheaper directly from China, but take several weeks to deliver.

On macro lens photo it look clear and easy - but area on photo is about 3x2 cm and IC itself is 4x4mm in size, therefore
using microscope to solder it really help.

If someone is interested, here are photos of both sides of Mavic Air mainboard (this one is toast, propably overheated,
does not post, only yellow light) and close-up of damaged Mavic Pro 2 controller board.

If you want to replace your antenna, be sure to rip off connectors from antenna wire, rip off wires from antenna
itself, scratch the board, damage antenna connector on board and when you try to replace it, rip off whole
pad from board. It does not look small on picture, but everything is very small.

Attachments

• DSC_2497.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 16
  • DSC_2506.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
  • DSC_2507.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 15
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics