DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Controller mod for big hands?

WildDoktor

Reactions
I have pretty big hands (I wear a size 3x in gloves). I fly FPV with a Taranis X9d+, and I also fly an Autel XSP that has a large-ish controller. Both those controllers are "decent"; still not quite big enough for my hands, but doable.

But this mavic pro controller? Yikes! It's like eating with a baby spoon!

Anybody know of a "big hand" friendly mod? Or a different / larger controller that works with the mavic pro?

I've searched with no success so far.

If you buy the correct tools to do a mod, your hands shouldn't be needed to manipulate the smaller parts of the controller needed to do the mod. They will only need to manipulate the tools. After removing the screws, the strength of your hands may come in handy when pulling apart the two halves of the controller. Here is a cliche, I guess the ladies wouldn't need you to buy any new tools to do the mod. :cool:

What mod are you referring to? He wants to use the controller, not tear it apart.
Oops, I read it wrong. I didn't realize he wanted to make a mod so his hand could fit the controller. It's too early in the morning for my brain. I saw the word mod in his post and all I though about was antenna modifications. My bad.

I do however wish there were external devices with handles or something that would make it easier to hold most of these remotes that are made. They aren't very ergonomic if you ask me.

I have pretty big hands (I wear a size 3x in gloves). I fly FPV with a Taranis X9d+, and I also fly an Autel XSP that has a large-ish controller. Both those controllers are "decent"; still not quite big enough for my hands, but doable.

But this mavic pro controller? Yikes! It's like eating with a baby spoon!

Anybody know of a "big hand" friendly mod? Or a different / larger controller that works with the mavic pro?

I've searched with no success so far.
I have large hands and fly a MA2.
I found the sticks were too short and small so as per someone's recommendation here I took the sticks into a local hardware store and bought the same size hex bolt that were 2 inches long.
I then bought some tips similar to these to slip over them and they work well.

Moar Koffee!! This is the Way.

If I were handy (see what I did there?) I would ideally come up with a holder or "tray" of some sort that I could just clip the controller onto. Alas, I have zero design and fab skills.

@G Randy Brown, I did see people removing / replacing the sticks, and that would be helpful. Ed Ricker (sp?) simply yanked his sticks out and left them out, and used his thumbs on the hole they came out of! I've not been able to dislodge my sticks, but admittedly I didn't try *too* hard because I don't want to break my controller.

But the sticks aren't really the issue; it just the ergos of holding those little "arms" in my palms. Just not quite the right position for me.

I do have a tablet holder that goes in the arms, and then up over the controller so my phone / tablet is up higher, and that helped slightly.

If I were handy (see what I did there?)
Yur 'posed to just put handy in italics or bold or sumpin... or hand-y o_O
I've not been able to dislodge my sticks, but admittedly I didn't try *too* hard because I don't want to break my controller.
Look closely at the root of the sticks... I wouldn't try too hard, the sticks on my MPP controller are not threaded in, they're molded into the ball.

I once made an RC tray for my P3P from a small cutting board my wife wanted me to throw away and some self-stick 1" velcro tape. Lemme ponder on it awhile, I might can come up with something for ya....

I have a buddy who created a chainsaw holder for his dirt bike out of cutting boards, so I know things like that are possible! :)

I wouldn't try too hard, the sticks on my MPP controller are not threaded in, they're molded into the ball.
WildDoktor, plz ignore my post...I forgot that a MA2 controller is way different than the Pro.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser