DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro controller USB micro port

Alex Baxter

Reactions
Hello all,

I have an elderly Mavic pro (the original 2016 version with 150 hours faultless flight time) and I've got an issue with charging the controller. The micro USB port seems to have come loose which means no reliable communications or charging. I can use the USB port under the phone holder for communications with the phone, but can I charge the controller through it? I'm a bit anxious about trying it, just in case, so if anyone has any pointers, I'm all ears..

Thanks in advance..

Reactions: Droniac
@Alex Baxter ,the only real answer is to open up the RC and fit a new cable and port ,not the easiest of jobs,as most of the innards have to be removed to access the cable,might be easier to find a replacement RC instead

@Alex Baxter ,the only real answer is to open up the RC and fit a new cable and port ,not the easiest of jobs,as most of the innards have to be removed to access the cable,might be easier to find a replacement RC instead
Thank you, Old Man Mavic.
I have a feeling that it'll change through the USB port, as it charges the phone when I'm using it using the USB - USBC from the controller to the phone. I've bid on a controller in FleaBay, (still ridiculously expensive, some folk are asking far too much IMHO) and also ordered a male - male USB lead. I'm hedging my bets... My Mavic owes me nothing, one of the batteries is up to 170 charges, but I use it for a time-lapse I'm attempting to create, local woods flown daily using Litchi, trying to get all 4 seasons in on a 10 second mp4, I've got over a hundred runs done, and with autumn coming I need to keep the continuity going..

Last edited:
@Alex Baxter ,sorry but its not possible to charge the batteries in the RC from the usb port on the bottom of the RC ,only the micro side port allows this

Ah well, I'll have a spare male - male USB lead then, thanks for the input.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22