DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Controller wont turn on but charges

newtonfb

Reactions
So 2 days ago, my MP tried to land on the lake (fresh water) and I jumped in on off the dock and saved it...I think. I stupidly jumped in with my controller in hand also. My MP seems to be fine, I tried to fly it via wifi and it worked fine. But now my controller wont power on. It powered on yesterday after i let it dry for the day. But now it only charges and the display shows "100pct" Is there a button reset or another way to power it on? I tried to refresh firmware via pc but it needs to power on for that to work.....kinda running out of ideas.

You might have gotten some water in the power button and it's shorting out. You can try to dry it out some more, but if it doesnt, it will need to be opened up to see where the short is.

I repair controllers every week.

You might have gotten some water in the power button and it's shorting out. You can try to dry it out some more, but if it doesnt, it will need to be opened up to see where the short is.

I repair controllers every week.
Thanka for the reply. Is it a hard repair for diy?

Depends on who is DIY. Have you repaired micro electronics before? Do you have a good set of tools?
I've soldered a few wires before haha but nothing serious. Seems like used controller on eBay is about 100-$150. Is that cheaper than having someome repairing it ?

I've soldered a few wires before haha but nothing serious. Seems like used controller on eBay is about 100-$150. Is that cheaper than having someome repairing it ?

You can get some repair quotes, if they can estimate the damage before you send it to someone.

You could try to sell it online and see what you get for it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy