DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Crash

mezcalphd

Reactions
Thanks in advance for any help. The drone seems to be OK but I would like to understand why this happened. I am using the suggested format so here goes:

Problem?
Mavic Pro crashed today. I have taken about 20 flights so do not have great experience but have never had any issues.

Was unit in a crash?
Yes. I did a regular auto take off. It rose to its usual 4 ft or so off the ground. I believe it was camera facing forward (away from me)Then I started taking it straight up but it immediately started quickly drifting left toward some trees that were about 20 ft away. I tried to take it up as quickly as I could to get over the trees but it went right into them. A lot of leaves chopping and mashing sounds then it crashed back to the ground. It probably fell about 30ft to the grass. Two blades were broken and the battery was out but otherwise it appears to be working

What have you tried so far?
Uploaded log file from my iPad to the cloud. I have no idea where this is or where this goes (I know....sad).

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
Ipad mini 4.

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Not sure. But I can check if it is relevant.

What Go app version are you using?

Any modification? (if so what)
No.

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
No.

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
No. I did not have the camera on.

I assume for anyone to help me understand what happened, you will need the log files. I am struggling with figuring out how to get it, find it, and post it. I have tried quite a few things from others posts on this forum but am not having any luck. I did download a bunch of files onto my laptop via iTunes (following instructions in a post) but it sure looks like gibberish TXT files (maybe they are encrypted?). So maybe I am closer than I think.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
John

The likely culprit is magnetic interference. What were you taking off from? Were you in a field or close to a building?

It was in the backyard of a house, next to the pool, about a mile from the beach. Really only houses around there. I had taken off from the exact same spot 15 minutes earlier and had no issues. But yes, there was probably some metal around in some furniture within 10 feet or so of the takeoff spot. We were close to the house but it is mostly wood. Do you think metal in the chairs could have that effect?

Everything seemed normal. It set the home point without issue and I don't think I did anything differently than the previous flight earlier.

Metal 10ft away shouldn't be an issue in my opinion. I would say it might not yet had gone to GPS mode which can take another minute, but you said it set the home point so it probably had GPS lock.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000