DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Crashed and Repair

I will download the assistant 2 from this site and having the screen vertical is something I may have not done.

Question about your laptop. What version of OS are did you use, or did you do this some time ago ?
I am trying to make this happen with Windoze 11.

Going after it again, thank you.
Win 7 some time ago.

Ok, I made it work and was able to calibrate front sensor and lower sensors.
All the error messages went away.

The only error message now is the Gimbal.

But this is screwy. When I first started out, I was able to replace the gamble plate and re-attach the camera.
Everything was working on that, no problems, Zoom, up, down, everything worked.
Once I started messing with the sensor calibration, now the camera no longer works. Error message that the Gimbal motor load is to large, check if the gimbal clamp has been removed.

I tried to do the Gimbal reset and adjust with the DJI Go 4 but once the drone is turned on, the camera goes all the way up, then down hitting the end, clunk, clunk, clunk………Clunk Clunk Clunk.
I will take it back down to assure none of those connections have come loose.

Another thing I can’t find any answers on, what happens when I reset the drone. All I get is back to Factory settings, but, what are they?…Do I have to reset a bunch of things, calibrate everything again ?

I am Wow’ed with all the things even this old Mavic Pro will do.
Thanks folks.
Helmar

I would recommend scheduling a DJI repair. They will give you a free shipping label and give you a diagnosis and cost usually within a week. You pay only for the damaged parts and they typically send you a refurbished drone that is guaranteed to work. It’s the best drone refresh program I’ve seen for a couple hundred dollars. Your damaged drone could be replaced with a refurbished drone in less than two weeks. Then, if you want to upgrade, you can sell your fully functional refurb (hopefully) for more than you paid to replace it. *I’ve done this once for my personal drone and at least 3 times for my work drones.

Oh hey! A fellow M1P pilot! Glad I'm not the only one still dedicated to keeping this drone airborne. :)

I had that gimbal overload error a while back, and replacing the gimbal ribbon cable did the trick for me. It's a bit of a fiddly repair, but it's doable. I got my replacement cable off of eBay, but that was a few years back. It looks like the part's still available through a few stores for $10-15ish. I replaced mine almost 6 years ago and it's still going strong!

As far as the vision sensors, you should be able to calibrate using Assistant 2. It's not particularly difficult, you just connect your drone to your pc using a usb cord, select it in the Assistant app, then follow the prompts on screen.

If that doesn't fix the sensor issue, it looks like the bottom vision sensors should be pretty straightforward to replace. Remove the bottom heat plate (8 screws, steps 7 and 8 in this guide: DJI Mavic Pro Front Arm Assembly Replacement) then two screws, a flat ribbon cable connector, and some silicone glue for each vision sensor. Here's an extra photo here that shows the rear bottom vision sensor in a bit better detail:

Mavic Arm_13.jpg

This store on AliExpress has decent reviews and has a two-pack of downward vision sensors for just over $3, if you're willing to risk buying on AliExpress! https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801266248522.html?src=google&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

EDIT: Just saw your reply about the sensors. Glad you got them working! The gimbal issue you describe sounds exactly like the issue I had before replacing the gimbal ribbon cable on mine.

I would recommend scheduling a DJI repair. They will give you a free shipping label and give you a diagnosis and cost usually within a week. You pay only for the damaged parts and they typically send you a refurbished drone that is guaranteed to work. It’s the best drone refresh program I’ve seen for a couple hundred dollars. Your damaged drone could be replaced with a refurbished drone in less than two weeks. Then, if you want to upgrade, you can sell your fully functional refurb (hopefully) for more than you paid to replace it. *I’ve done this once for my personal drone and at least 3 times for my work drones.
Thank you.
I will try and find out what the cost might be before I pull the trigger on that as I am very limited on funds now.
Meaning, that will not go into my budget :-(

Oh hey! A fellow M1P pilot! Glad I'm not the only one still dedicated to keeping this drone airborne. :)

I had that gimbal overload error a while back, and replacing the gimbal ribbon cable did the trick for me. It's a bit of a fiddly repair, but it's doable. I got my replacement cable off of eBay, but that was a few years back. It looks like the part's still available through a few stores for $10-15ish. I replaced mine almost 6 years ago and it's still going strong!

As far as the vision sensors, you should be able to calibrate using Assistant 2. It's not particularly difficult, you just connect your drone to your pc using a usb cord, select it in the Assistant app, then follow the prompts on screen.

If that doesn't fix the sensor issue, it looks like the bottom vision sensors should be pretty straightforward to replace. Remove the bottom heat plate (8 screws, steps 7 and 8 in this guide: DJI Mavic Pro Front Arm Assembly Replacement) then two screws, a flat ribbon cable connector, and some silicone glue for each vision sensor. Here's an extra photo here that shows the rear bottom vision sensor in a bit better detail:

View attachment 176876

This store on AliExpress has decent reviews and has a two-pack of downward vision sensors for just over $3, if you're willing to risk buying on AliExpress! https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801266248522.html?src=google&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa

EDIT: Just saw your reply about the sensors. Glad you got them working! The gimbal issue you describe sounds exactly like the issue I had before replacing the gimbal ribbon cable on mine.
Yes, Thank you !!!
The sensors and bottom cameras are working.
The only error that is left was the Gimbal Overload Error is all that is left.

When I first replaced the gamble carriage, housing, (whatever the main camera attaches too ) the camera was working, no Gimbal overload error.
After trying to calibrate the front and bottom sensors and failed the first couple of attempts, that is when I got the Gimbal error,
I took it back down and check all my connections and they all looked good using the big magnifier head lamp (30 power) But still, no camera.

Due to the fact that medical issues and insurance companies, they took my retirement so very Very limited in funds. I am afraid if I can fix this myself, it becomes a parts drone that I will just have to try and sell.

So, is this the cable you replace (going to try and attach a photo for the first time)

Thanks again.
Helmar

Attachments

• IMG_2950.jpeg
    IMG_2950.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 2
Boy, this was a real ordeal. Once down, I had to dig all the sealing rubber goop off each of the three connections. That was a treat, but made it happen.
Very Very carefully followed several YouTube videos on how to prep the cable for installation. Made sure all the contact were super clean, made sure they got seated properly only to come up with the same error, Gimbal error.
Everything else works on it now, even the camera, but no way to control it.

I bought this second hand from a friend who needed money so I don’t know if he opted into that DJI program were they just send you a Refurb one.

Anyone have any idea how lone it takes DJI to do repairs and sent it back ??

I might just be SOL and have a parts drone to try and sell on eBay :-/
Thanks guys for all you help.
Helmar

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cam3n