DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro dead battery

I have a mavic2 pro battery that will not take a charge. Went to critically low warning.

Expound on "Critically low warning" do you mean in App? That just forces a auto landing to keep you from dropping out of the sky...there is always headroom in DJI's batteries from auto shut off voltage to battery self destruct. Not sure of your verbiage, what the issue is beyond no charge, and what you did to get it there?

Reactions: Icelandman
Expound on "Critically low warning" do you mean in App? That just forces a auto landing to keep you from dropping out of the sky...there is always headroom in DJI's batteries from auto shut off voltage to battery self destruct. Not sure of your verbiage, what the issue is beyond no charge, and what you did to get it there?
If it is the same problem as with me then you take off with a full battery as indicated on the SC and then 30 seconds or so later you have a critically low battery and you are told to land immediately. The battery lights are only flashing 1 bar but on the SC the indication is that all cells are at about 70%.

If it is the same problem as with me then you take off with a full battery as indicated on the SC and then 30 seconds or so later you have a critically low battery and you are told to land immediately. The battery lights are only flashing 1 bar but on the SC the indication is that all cells are at about 70%.

Generally a indication that the battery was not charged to 100% before first flight of the day or that the battery went into discharge mode and then was powered up for a flight day(s) later. The telemetry is easily fooled by users who don't adhere to proper procedures that keep telemetry correct. Always fly with a full battery on first flight of day. Use that battery to a recommended setting (Not less than 20% if it can be helped). Then put in a fresh 100% battery that has been charged no longer than 24 hours, preferred within hours of flight time.

This case is a faulty cell in the battery... I had one... of out of warranty it’s junk

• Sad
Reactions: Icelandman
I don't buy that they are really "junk". . .

I have one that might be junk as it was on my lost drone from Feb 2020 till I was able to find and recover it in Oct. (I figured the drone would be junk and "recover" the battery, turned out I think the drone will fly again but the battery will not take a charge! so it is junk?)

I have no first hand knowledge but a friend of mine suggested a battery plus store, he claimed some cordless tool batteries have a circuit in them that will not allow charging once the battery is "dead". Anyone know if these batteries are the same way? (And can be "fixed" with the correct charger)

Mine happens to be the original Mavic Pro batteries with the LEDs in a row.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, I don't have the experience of this issue but recovering a lipo is easy if the draining is not enormous. A hobby charger can bring the cell voltage above 3v and then it should be back for good. Yes it needs opening battery to access the cells. If I was in your country, surely would have helped u guys

Reactions: Path Finder
I had a battery go sour. I connected it directly to the charger (not the hub) and could recover the battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143