DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro (Deal or No Deal)

Duende01

Reactions
Greetings,

Just came across a brand new Mavic Pro for $500 and my question is, is this a good deal or should I just wait it out for a more updated drone? This will be my first drone and I have also considered the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro Platinum at a much higher price.

That's a great deal -- especially if it's being sold by an authorized DJI dealer. Most new Mavic Pros are going for well over $500.

Reactions: Duende01
That's a great deal -- especially if it's being sold by an authorized DJI dealer. Most new Mavic Pros are going for well over $500.

I think is a good deal also. I just want to ensure that DJI won't stop supporting updates and I end up with a "paper weight."

I must assume that they are an authorized dealer. Is at my local Walmart store and they sell other DJI models.

Reactions: Gizmo6257
great deal. And even if DJI stopped supporting it, with no other updates its still a fantastic drone. And for a first drone, you will love it. Just remember to take it slow and keep it close until you start to gain experience in the systems that operate this machine. Stay within your local regs and try not to annoy people and you are in for a great time
congrats on the good deal

Great drone - all of the bugs are worked out - only thing I wish I had was waypoints 2.0 instead of 1.0 - wonder if DJI will eventually give it to us so we don’t have to use litchi.

Reactions: Duende01
Sounds a bit too good to be true :)

On the DJI site 1.2 years ago refurbs were going for 699 and new ones for 799 - where I got mine - it’s not that bad of a price compared to 1.2 years ago - if they made so many they need to get something for them rather then having them collect dust - only one battery and a controller - no extras - you will likely have to get two extra batteries

WalMarts near me are clearing out all their drones. Cut the prices on most of them. Sadly the nicest any of the three near me carry are the Spark. And they dropped it to 299.

They carry the Kapture? Could be spelling it wrong. The Tello no change in price. Sells for 79.00. Which I have seen at Bestbuy. Breeze, with remote and googles for 120. Spark, and a knockoff phantom for 159 regular price. 99.00 clearance priced.

Reactions: SirLancelot
Hearing rumours of a Mavic mini this fall - under 250 grams - 18 min flight time - 3 mile range - foldable - gonna be a great seller under 250 grams as they need to be over 250 grams to be registered in most countries

Greetings,

Just came across a brand new Mavic Pro for $500 and my question is, is this a good deal or should I just wait it out for a more updated drone? This will be my first drone and I have also considered the Mavic Air and Mavic Pro Platinum at a much higher price.
Hi there I own a mavic platinum also a Spark drone if your new to flying I suggest you get a Spark they are great drones at half the price of a platinum. Good luck

Hi there I own a mavic platinum also a Spark drone if your new to flying I suggest you get a Spark they are great drones at half the price of a platinum. Good luck

For the Spark they still wanted $399, so I think that for $101 it was worth the upgrade to the Mavic Pro so I went ahead and bought it.

Attachments

• 20190906_094708.jpg
    20190906_094708.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24
Reactions: Scubadiver1944
Mavic and the spark, in my opinion, are in two different categories of drones. Nuff said !

My buddy has one and he didn’t have his long and he wanted something better.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu