DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Dji Repair

Still no news, been stated in for repair since yesterday morning 09:30. Says 1-2 days for repair evaluation. Hopefully hear something soon.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just got my Mavic back today, after sending it in at the time in my signature. Haven't gotten to test it yet, with me being at work and all, but a family member was home to sign for it, so it'll be on a table somewhere warming up to match the inside of the house for the next several hours.

Here's hoping the gimbal issue was fixed properly.
First thing after I charge it, I'm hooking it to DJI Assistant 2 and getting the flight logs, FC and vision sensor dumps from whatever flight tests they did at the reapir facility for sake of completeness in records, and then updating the Mavic and controller firmware together from Assistant.

Later, I can fly it... once there's a safe place to do so. Snowing outside today. Sigh.

I got my Mavic, and upon unwrapping...

The serial number is different. "08QDDBsomething." My old one was 08QDDA.

I'm not complaining, but I don't feel like calling it the same.

The controller is the same, not new. I know, because its battery level is 20, not 30 as the old one came as.

On the plus side, this new Mavic came in my old one's box, and came with 2 props attached to the rear arms. So I get $9 worth of props for free (if by "free" I mean "almost a month's wait.")

As long as the gimbal works, I'll forgive them.
Oh, and I have 2 gimbal clamps now. They sent the old gimbal clamp back in the box along with the new Mavic which has its own. So that's nice.

I liked what I called the old one: Zephyr. It was a fun name to say.
But this time, I'll let my girlfriend name it. She keeps saying how much a Mavic at rest looks like a robotic flying water strider... so Strider it is for the new unit's designation.

Good news you got a replacement and all is working. Maybe you got the extra parts due to time it took? Why did it take a month? Great name. Enjoy

I got my Mavic, and upon unwrapping...

The serial number is different. "08QDDBsomething." My old one was 08QDDA.

I'm not complaining, but I don't feel like calling it the same.

The controller is the same, not new. I know, because its battery level is 20, not 30 as the old one came as.

On the plus side, this new Mavic came in my old one's box, and came with 2 props attached to the rear arms. So I get $9 worth of props for free (if by "free" I mean "almost a month's wait.")

As long as the gimbal works, I'll forgive them.
Oh, and I have 2 gimbal clamps now. They sent the old gimbal clamp back in the box along with the new Mavic which has its own. So that's nice.

I liked what I called the old one: Zephyr. It was a fun name to say.
But this time, I'll let my girlfriend name it. She keeps saying how much a Mavic at rest looks like a robotic flying water strider... so Strider it is for the new unit's designation.

Did they send you an email with tracking info? Mines been sitting there with no movement other than being delivered a week ago and checked in yesterday (meaning it sat there for 6 days before even being acknowledged)

Didn't have to pay a thing here, since my Mavic's under warranty. I got a bill (Proforma Invoice on the Case Details page) that came to $68 ($65 for one hour of damage assessment, and $3 for the gimbal parts) but the toatl was listed as $0, and the progress inquiry for my case number showed the price as "Free of Charge (warranty)."
Now that's better news. Makes this prospective Mavic owner more comfortable while he waits

Question: I crashed my mavic. What is the next step I need to take?
Any info will help out guys. Thanks in advance

Go to dji repair site... get an RMA....send it in.... and prepare to wait a VERY VERY long time.

Have to say my experience has been the polar opposite of yours. Fast, efficient and great communication. Must be different levels of service in different regions. On another note, you Americans are so funny with your law suits!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Oh please don't think we are all like that. Just the special ones.

So it's now been two working days and no update on the repair assessment. Spoke with Bobby from Dji online chat who advises the drone should be back in my hands next week.... we'll see Bobby, we'll see....

Wow! Just received an email from Dji advising that the assessment is complete and free of charge. There is a run down of the faults found and what the cost would have been to repair/replace. Those with a broken Gimbal note Dji see the Gimbal and Camera as one unit and the cost to replace is quoted as €170, assessment is €50. Must say so far everything Dji has stated has been true. Advised in the email repair takes 2-3 business days and then the aircraft will be shipped back. Many thanks Dji [emoji106]

Reactions: Wacker2611
Wow! Just received an email from Dji advising that the assessment is complete and free of charge. There is a run down of the faults found and what the cost would have been to repair/replace. Those with a broken Gimbal note Dji see the Gimbal and Camera as one unit and the cost to replace is quoted as €170, assessment is €50. Must say so far everything Dji has stated has been true. Advised in the email repair takes 2-3 business days and then the aircraft will be shipped back. Many thanks Dji [emoji106]

I'll show my arse (again) in Debenhams if you don't get a new one. Everyone who's posted (including me) with similar problems and sent to NL has got a replacement unit. Not that it really matters as long as you don't get another lemon.
Tell you what though, the service now is superb and massively improved from as little as 18 months ago.

Reactions: King of kings
I'll show my arse (again) in Debenhams if you don't get a new one. Everyone who's posted (including me) with similar problems and sent to NL has got a replacement unit. Not that it really matters as long as you don't get another lemon.
Tell you what though, the service now is superb and massively improved from as little as 18 months ago.

Debenhams sales down 100% :D

I do agree though about the service, cannot fault it and bet you get a new one although saying that perhaps it may depend on how many parts they have started to get in compared to whole units laying around.

Did they send you an email with tracking info? Mines been sitting there with no movement other than being delivered a week ago and checked in yesterday (meaning it sat there for 6 days before even being acknowledged)

They sent me an email with UPS tracking info on the 13th, about 3 or 4 days after they recieved it, and on the same day they marked it as "repaired."

So it's now been two working days and no update on the repair assessment. Spoke with Bobby from Dji online chat who advises the drone should be back in my hands next week.... we'll see Bobby, we'll see....

Yeah good luck with that. Ive lost count of the number of people I've chatted and talked with, including so-called "supervisors." Each time I'm assured their priority is my satisfaction (insert vulgar hand movement here...)

Monday called yet another "supervisor" who told me he personally put my defective replacement at the top of the pile. All that happened Monday was it FINALLY showed as received even though UPS delivered it six days earlier. When it didn't ship out Monday I called the same "supervisor" on Tuesday. He left the phone, came back all out of breath (I guess to make me believe he had actually left his desk to check on it) and told me they were looking at it right now and replacement would be shipped out Tuesday 2-day to make sure I had it back before Christmas.

Tuesday came and went.... was lied to again. Still only showing "received" and nothing else.

DJI.... stall, delay, lie.... DJI repair must be managed by an ex-airline manager.... stall and lie to customers to make them feel like they're being taken care of, while screwing them...

Yeah good luck with that. Ive lost count of the number of people I've chatted and talked with, including so-called "supervisors." Each time I'm assured their priority is my satisfaction (insert vulgar hand movement here...)

Monday called yet another "supervisor" who told me he personally put my defective replacement at the top of the pile. All that happened Monday was it FINALLY showed as received even though UPS delivered it six days earlier. When it didn't ship out Monday I called the same "supervisor" on Tuesday. He left the phone, came back all out of breath (I guess to make me believe he had actually left his desk to check on it) and told me they were looking at it right now and replacement would be shipped out Tuesday 2-day to make sure I had it back before Christmas.

Tuesday came and went.... was lied to again. Still only showing "received" and nothing else.

DJI.... stall, delay, lie.... DJI repair must be managed by an ex-airline manager.... stall and lie to customers to make them feel like they're being taken care of, while screwing them...

Blimey, that is really bad, where are you located. I have only heard of extremely quick turn around times with them of late.

How long have they had it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Odnicokev