DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro extension usb cable

Kilroy

Reactions
Does anyone know the part # for the extension cable to use with android (Nexus7) tablet?....I have ordered 3 and none fit...sellers don't seem to be able to get it right....seems so simple..am I missing something?....thanks

You could try this one:

Reactions: rconradvt
Thanks...but I can see that's wrong....the input connection on the controller and phone seem to be the same

The M1 has a standard USB A port. You can use any standard USB data cable with that. It's much more reliable than trying to use the side port. In the case of the Nexus7, that has a Micro USB socket so you'd use a standard Micro USB data cable, one you'd use to connect your Nexus to your PC to transfer files.

For the Mini we were forced to use special cables since the RC for the Mini didn't have a full A port, only the micro A/B port on the side.
The cable connecting to the side port has to be wired to activate the port as an A port, AKA OTG. I believe pin 5 has to go to ground directly or through a resistor to activate OTG.
I was successful in using a Micro USB OTG adapter. Over time though the micro USB connection between adapter and AC has become flaky. I've encountered that a lot with micro USB.

Last edited:
Ok ...hooked up and working....thanks to all for your help!
A question.. How are you finding the connections between the drone and the Nexus. ?
I used to have this set up but the number of failures to connect made me purchase an Iphone.

Usually takes several attempts .... reboots etc.....kind of a pain
That's what I found, no matter what way everything was connected or the sequence of how it was switched on. Shame really because the screen is the good size. Good luck

Yep... makes it tough to just "charge and fly"....go through the same thing with my p3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike