DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Factory Battery Controller Mod

[PARTIDA = "MacIak, post: 308212, member: 14978"] Enroscándome con un mavic abierto me las arreglé para cortarlo a nivel de pines de batería, lado de pájaro. El humo salió. No preguntes ... haciendo un trabajo precipitado.
Daño: cable de cinta de cardán fritos, núcleo-tabla fritos. Reparación € 400. La estupidez viene con un precio.
¡Feliz modding!

Editar: este mensaje está destinado sólo por una razón ... ADVERTENCIA: NO HAGA CORTO MAVIC, TODOS LOS TIPOS DE MALAS COSAS HAPPEN. [/ QUOTE]

Siento mucho lo que te pasó.
Al trabajar con dispositivos de tanta tecnología y espacio tan pequeño es fácil cometer un error.
Por el precio de la reparación y un poco más, puedes comprar un nuevo Mavic y dejar el viejo para piezas de repuesto.
Todo es fácil de cambiar, pero el costo de la placa principal es muy alto.

¡¡¡¡Suerte!!!!

[PARTIDA = "MacIak, post: 308212, member: 14978"] Enroscándome con un mavic abierto me las arreglé para cortarlo a nivel de pines de batería, lado de pájaro. El humo salió. No preguntes ... haciendo un trabajo precipitado.
Daño: cable de cinta de cardán fritos, núcleo-tabla fritos. Reparación € 400. La estupidez viene con un precio.
¡Feliz modding!

Editar: este mensaje está destinado sólo por una razón ... ADVERTENCIA: NO HAGA CORTO MAVIC, TODOS LOS TIPOS DE MALAS COSAS HAPPEN. [/ QUOTE]

Siento mucho lo que te pasó.
Al trabajar con dispositivos de tanta tecnología y espacio tan pequeño es fácil cometer un error.
Por el precio de la reparación y un poco más, puedes comprar un nuevo Mavic y dejar el viejo para piezas de repuesto.
Todo es fácil de cambiar, pero el costo de la placa principal es muy alto.

¡¡¡¡Suerte!!!!

Haha!!
Ok, used translate for this.... Problem with leaving mavic broken for spares is that not much is usable if you're not sure what is actually the problem. After my initial analysis I thought my ribbon cable and the gimbal board were defective only. After further investigation I realized there was something with the core as well but could not find where. I still think DJI is really reasonable with pricing. Did you ever replace a gimbal ribbon cable? It's horror.. Also I can fix a lot but not a busted core. If bought new it would cost me about the same as DJI charged for the total repair.
Besides a new mavic still costs 900 Euro here so still ok. And....don't be sorry for me! Whenever something goes wrong with the Mavics it's always my mistake so far, I will learn some day, or not.

Haha!!
Ok, used translate for this.... Problem with leaving mavic broken for spares is that not much is usable if you're not sure what is actually the problem. After my initial analysis I thought my ribbon cable and the gimbal board were defective only. After further investigation I realized there was something with the core as well but could not find where. I still think DJI is really reasonable with pricing. Did you ever replace a gimbal ribbon cable? It's horror.. Also I can fix a lot but not a busted core. If bought new it would cost me about the same as DJI charged for the total repair.
Besides a new mavic still costs 900 Euro here so still ok. And....don't be sorry for me! Whenever something goes wrong with the Mavics it's always my mistake so far, I will learn some day, or not.

I finally found my personal sweet spot. One Mavic kept factory (except for the battery clip), one Mavic modified, and one Mavic for spare parts. I have fully taken advantage of parting out the one Mavic after some bad crashes (gimbal/camera, GPS/cracked top cover, busted rotor arm, melted motor, and bent undercarriage plate).

I have been told I have issues...

dronemods-231.png

I finally found my personal sweet spot. One Mavic kept factory (except for the battery clip), one Mavic modified, and one Mavic for spare parts. I have fully taken advantage of parting out the one Mavic after some bad crashes (gimbal/camera, GPS/cracked top cover, busted rotor arm, melted motor, and bent undercarriage plate).

I have been told I have issues...

View attachment 23099

I'm not far behind you. Recently bought another mavic as well to keep completely stock. We'll see how long that lasts. Just broke camera data cable (I think) on my modified one as I have camera sensor error.

I'm working on a few ideas. Completely eliminate the DJI battery and run 3 x 4500 packs. Cut off the rear upper tail and mount the rear sensor pack on a stalk. Weight around 1240g with 13.5Ah on board.

9c741f24cf821014fd9d9ffa9bff1697.jpg

8152ab1bf8d71f85132eb8531631d2a4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: beanbubba
I'm working on a few ideas. Completely eliminate the DJI battery and run 3 x 4500 packs. Cut off the rear upper tail and mount the rear sensor pack on a stalk. Weight around 1240g with 13.5Ah on board.

dc7914a5f30421f1cc0d02e3dbd4bfc2.jpg

Wow! That should work really well. I'm very interested to see your results. That's about the same weight as mine which has a total of 11.8AH. Very nice work you're doing.

This should give an ideal CG position, as well as shed some weight. The upper shell and fan assembly weigh 39g plus ditch the stock battery board. Well under 1200g this way.

fa5a9c4159966e156970770e4dca5f0a.jpg

hey Lolo, where did your GPS receiver go? you are gonna need that.

Reactions: Brunovic
Wow! That should work really well. I'm very interested to see your results. That's about the same weight as mine which has a total of 11.8AH. Very nice work you're doing.

I have been considering something like this for a while. If you are going for the ultralight option, the factory mavic battery cells have the highest mAh per gram I have found yet at 18 mAh per gram. All the multistar LiHv batteries come in at 15 mAh per gram. But you do have to bust open 3 factory batteries for this project and the small gain may not be worth the effort. But if you are going all out, why not!!

I have been considering something like this for a while. If you are going for the ultralight option, the factory mavic battery cells have the highest mAh per gram I have found yet at 18 mAh per gram. All the multistar LiHv batteries come in at 15 mAh per gram. But you do have to bust open 3 factory batteries for this project and the small gain may not be worth the effort. But if you are going all out, why not!!
Is the multistar 4000 244g? 18mAh/g would make it 222g? My tp4500 is 243g stock so 18.5mAh/g.

Is the multistar 4000 244g? 18mAh/g would make it 222g? My tp4500 is 243g stock so 18.5mAh/g.

I found my notes from prior calculations and concluded there are 2 leading battery combinations that out perform all the others.

:::OPTION #1

Factory battery
3830 mAh
240 grams (with velcro)

MS 4.0 LiHv
4000 mAh
271 grams (with velcro)

MS 4.0 LiHv
4000 mAh
271 grams (with velcro)

::: TOTAL
11830 mAh
782 grams
15.1 mAh per gram

:::OPTION #2

Factory battery
3830 mAh
240 grams (with velcro)

Factory cell
3830 mAh
209 grams (with velcro)

Factory cell
3830 mAh
209 grams (with velcro)

::: TOTAL
11490 mAh
658 grams
17.5 mAh per gram

dronemods-250.png

Reactions: angusc
With this mod you have a legitimate way to utilize the Titan batteries. The Titans are good, it's just that they are designed to be run down much further than the lihv. You should run 2 x 7000mah with this mod and run the voltage down to under 3v per cell while under load. That should give some amazing runtime. Having 2 3s2p packs is basically dividing current by 4 across the cells. That should be good enough to keep these 18650ga cells within the recommended operating range during distance flying. Don't add any extra weight. You should get over well over 50 minutes flight time and easily smash the record. Keep the flight slow like around 30mph as these 18650ga cells have a lot of voltage sag with higher current draw.

Hey cybernate, I am dusting off this mod and just re-read the thread. I have learned a lot since this posting in early August and want to revisit your post here. How can we run the titans down below 3.4v without the forced auto landing kicking in?

Finally had the time to skinny down this mod and planning to try dual MS 5.2 LiHv's with no factory battery (have them sitting on their ends in the battery bay). This might be a keeper if it performs the same as this past summer in the larger heavyweight version.

dronemods-309.png dronemods-308.png dronemods-307.png dronemods-306.png dronemods-305.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kesiganes