DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro.. finally

ToddR

Reactions
Hello,

A long time lurker has finally bit the bullet and did it. I have been waiting for news of a new MPII long enough. I imagine now it should be announced any day.. thanks to my buying my MP today..lol.. your welcome..

I guess the weather beginning to improve has me chomping on the bit to have a drone. Like so many i have been watching every video and reading every blog about the MP, MPP, MA, and yes even the MPII. Heres my thinking.

Best Buy is giving four additionl items when you buy the MP. $899 gets you the MP, and additional battery, a three pack of polar Pro filters, $25.00 Shutterfly coupon, and $100.00 gift card. I chose the MP over the Mavic Air for the longer flight time, and Occusync.The camers are so close I, nor anyone I show my pictures and videos to probably wouldn't notice any difference. The MA has a better transfer rate.. no denying that. However the MP has IMO a better lens and more options for taking pictures. The MPP has slightly impoved motors and props that have made the bird a little quieter and flight time over the MP. The issue I had with that was Best buy was not offering the same four add ons to the base unit. Also Best buy only sells the MPP on line. So the difference of $899 over $1,399 was a no brainer for me. I cannot justify the difference of $500 for the MPP. As for the MPII I like everyone else am convinced DJI will come out with a newer improved Mavic. Rumors are now saying the camera sensor will not be a 1 inch, but rather 1/1.7 sensor. Yes that is an improvement, but once again unlikely anyone I know would be able to detect it. So then the sensors, theres the selling point. But once again when and how much??? Well, now I dont care. The time the MP has been on the market and its populatity has allowed for so many items to be available. Well its time to charge everything, update the firmware and read the manual again.

Thanks. Well two of the three batteries are chared. Third is well on its way. I will say it took a good chunk of battery life doing all the updates. But atlas that is done and still light out. I took her for her maiden flight. If by maiden flight you consider just learning how to start her, lift off hover and back down. Up rotate moved a few feet then back and down. I am going resist the urge to just fly. I want to be able to know what to expect when i do this.. or that.. As a life long gamer the controls seem very natural to me. Yes I said gamer.. A founding member I might add.. But honestly I do think that experience will help.

I will say I did have one hick up. The Android phone I wanted to use would not connect. No matter what I did. The Go 4 app works fine..or appears too. So I ended up using my Samsung Note 5. That phone connected immediatly, so that was a relief. Guess its time to find another Android I have and see if I can find one that does connect.

Congrats on getting your MP. I just got mine last November. Your cautious approach to flying is the smart way to start. There's so much to learn. All the info on the app screen is overwhelming, but very useful. It took about 2 weeks before I felt like I had a good grasp of all the different screen readouts. I started out slow like you and am still honing my skills. One bit of advice: If you fly higher than 100/150 feet, there' less of a chance of crashing into something. And watch out for power lines, tree branches, and birds.

Reactions: ToddR
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llMUTTZZll